• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ProCar Rally 1000 seats?

Erik Morris

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Anybody running these seats have anything good/bad/indifferent to say about them? Stockers coming out of the car are way pricey for the foams/upholstery from C.I., and do not have the bolsters to hold me in place. Looking for reviews and or observations from anyone who has used them or similar seats.
Procar Rally 1000 XL Recliner Seats

s-l1600.jpg

I have a less expensive pair of Scat ProCar seats and I like them.
The only thing I may do in the future is replace them with a wider version because the seat bottom bolsters dig into my hip leg socket a bit, but I am 6'3" 270# Check the dimensions of any seat you consider.
20190701_181122.jpg
20190701_181037.jpg

I have a set without the head rests but, have only used them for mockup during my 65 project. I will say they sit nice and seem well constructed. I used the mounts they offer as well.
Mike
IMG_1639.JPG

I have a less expensive pair of Scat ProCar seats and I like them.
The only thing I may do in the future is replace them with a wider version because the seat bottom bolsters dig into my hip leg socket a bit, but I am 6'3" 270# Check the dimensions of any seat you consider.
View attachment 1268462 View attachment 1268463
That is one of the reasons I was looking at the XL variant of this seat...it's got 2 extra inches in the hip pocket for folks like me with a little more *** than I had in high school.

I have a set without the head rests but, have only used them for mockup during my 65 project. I will say they sit nice and seem well constructed. I used the mounts they offer as well.
Mike
View attachment 1268478
Did the mounts you ordered actually match up with the holes in the floor? Many of the reviews on the Summit website, for example, indicate that the mounts are far from being a direct bolt up fitment.....lots of hammering, smashing, grinding and head scratching required.

I had my seats installed, but I know there wasn't any real challenge involved, and no hammering or other manipulation of the floor pans. I got the optional seat mount brackets when I ordered the seats, and they are like the factory could have installed them.

Did the mounts you ordered actually match up with the holes in the floor? Many of the reviews on the Summit website, for example, indicate that the mounts are far from being a direct bolt up fitment.....lots of hammering, smashing, grinding and head scratching required.
No. They were universal. I used 3 of the "L" brackets on each seat and a solid block of steel for the front inner mount on each seat. I drilled and tapped a hole for those and welded a nut to the bottom of the other "L" brackets. I mocked up the frame where I wanted it to be and measured to the floor pan to get the cut lengths for the "L" brackets. You will need to plug the OEM holes for the bench seat. I used nuts and bolts and fender washers. Pretty easy job.
Mike

I have had these seats for over 10 years and love them. The only issue is the bolster has smashed down and they will not sell me a replacement foam.

I'm going to use the Procar seats in my car too but need to plant my butt in them again to finalize which one of the XL's I want. I forgot to mark which one I liked best in the catalog the last time I was at SEMA.

Anybody running these seats have anything good/bad/indifferent to say about them? Stockers coming out of the car are way pricey for the foams/upholstery from C.I., and do not have the bolsters to hold me in place. Looking for reviews and or observations from anyone who has used them or similar seats.
Procar Rally 1000 XL Recliner Seats

View attachment 1268455
I’ve got those exact seats in my car, less head rests. Mine are red. You need a skinny butt for them is one thing. I also ordered additional vinyl from ProCar for the rear seat. The car sits outside between rounds at the track only during events and in 5 years now, the seat vinyl is fading big time. The rears much worse than the front.

Auto Transport Service
Back