• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Projects you have on the list but just can't get started....

I don’t do projects …I’m retired.

But I did put in a new sprinkler system last summer and for whatever reason the pressure doesn’t seem to be flowing everywhere properly. It has somewhere water is getting out. Every time I look at it … kind of a casual observation - then I say to myself I’ll fix that tomorrow. That’s since last summer…. Yeah I’m going to check that out tomorrow…..

1. House project. Remove and replace paneling in dining room. Had a plumbing issue which was in the wall behind it. Plumbing issue fixed but can't get moving on the paneling.

2. Car issue. I have a 79 300, the windshield wiper plastic disintegrated several years ago. Removed all the old broken parts but it's a tough job putting it back together for an old fart. Just avoid driving in the rain and put fresh Rain-X on every spring.

3. Car Issue. The A/C works fine except something crapped out behind the dash and blend door won't open to allow the cold air into the interior. I have the FSM but the thought of dismantling the dash and trying to figure out the problem keeps it on hold. Maybe this spring after it's out of hibernation.

My '87 Chevy R-10 LWB 4x2 pickup. Sweet body, runs decent, so-so paint/primer, just a great, solid truck that needs completion. It needs a few things to be streetable. Somehow, my heart isn't into really turning a wrench on it.

This is just vehicle projects. Jeep almost done.

1704827174602773040323.jpg

I want to pull the engine out of the car . Clean, detail and repaint everything under hood.
Make sure to spray it with black spray cans for that "Chevy look".....

01 funny 9.png

Here’s some of my projects
They only get time after the wife’s honey do list that just keeps growing

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_3237.jpeg

IMG_3238.jpeg

I have wondered if getting older serves as a catalyst for delaying things.
I don't think that is all of it. I've kept notebooks for years and I have a habit of not feeling motivated to do stuff. It's as if my mood has to be right or I'm meeting a commitment to go out to work on these cars. Hey...I love this stuff but I can be easy tempted to sit back and relax instead.
I'll tell you what really does help....Having buddies come around with similar interests...
Dw and me.jpg

AA 4.JPG

For me, the highlights of last year were having these guys over at my place working on their cars.

AA 9.JPG

I have wondered if getting older serves as a catalyst for delaying things.
I don't think that is all of it. I've kept notebooks for years and I have a habit of not feeling motivated to do stuff. It's as if my mood has to be right or I'm meeting a commitment to go out to work on these cars. Hey...I love this stuff but I can be easy tempted to sit back and relax instead.
I'll tell you what really does help....Having buddies come around with similar interests...
View attachment 1587682

View attachment 1587683

For me, the highlights of last year were having these guys over at my place working on their cars.

View attachment 1587684
Wow - Is that your home shop? I couldn’t even dream of a setup like that. Very sweet.

Thank you!
Yeah, I built it in 2006. I don't like clutter so I haven't packed it full of stuff.....I have stuff spread around around the back and up the hill to keep it close but out of view.
I sure will miss it if/when I move. I'd have to build another one or I'd feel tons of regret for leaving this one behind.

Two B.JPG

#1 Painting the house,
#2 repairing & then restaining/painting the decks
& replacing handrails (maybe go to steel/rod-iron railing instead
#3 maybe build 2 covers for the front & back decks,
so I don't have to shovel snow off them anymore
& they don't sun bake or rott from snow
#4 doing faux rock on the front, southern & eastern exposures
for a lil' more insulation from extremes of heat & cold, we have here
looks cool too
#5 Add some pea-gravel to the yard, flaten it out a bit
that's the easiest job

I have about $25k+ reasons

I absolutely 'hate to paint' (house painting of any kind),
is the 1st main reason/excuse though...
Especially doing the prep work, scraping & sanding or priming...

I need to find a couple teenage kids, that want to work
actually earn some cash, to do some of the grunt work,
scrapping & sanding mostly, maybe back-rolling
& be the other hand I need, here & there...
Probably another $10k reasons, on a mostly 'now', fixed income...

With building materials prices now, it's nuts, it's doubled or even tripled,
at least what it was 3+ years ago...
FJB B.I.D.E.N.O.M.I.C.S

#6 Lastly maybe build/fab my custom step headers,
to take off the restrictive semi-ported org. Iron HP manifolds
add upswept & exit back by the firewall & down,
sort of like the old S/S Iron manifolds were
to clear the damn rack & pinion I put in my RR
($1,000+ already spent, not taking it out, great feel on steering too)
sad part is
I have most if not all the mandrel tubing, 1-7/8", 2" J & U Bends
I have a set of nice solid shorty/midlength Heddman headers
I can sacrifice for the exits & flanges & Flowmasters 4-2-1 scavenger collectors...
It's a solid 40-50 hr job, if I stay at it...
My eyesight isn't what they used to be, haven't done much welding in a while now
I'm now wondering about my welding skills too, I'm sure I'll do fine,
when I do finally start...
Or just bite the bullet, succumb & buy some
TTI-383178c for $1,100+

I don't like my cars or trucks to be down, out of commission for any reason
for any period of time, & especially in the summer months (fire season)

Too many things

Last edited:
I don’t do projects …I’m retired.

But I did put in a new sprinkler system last summer and for whatever reason the pressure doesn’t seem to be flowing everywhere properly. It has somewhere water is getting out. Every time I look at it … kind of a casual observation - then I say to myself I’ll fix that tomorrow. That’s since last summer…. Yeah I’m going to check that out tomorrow…..
Kind of funny - in my earlier post I talked about my sprinkler system and how it has issues that I just keep putting off - well this thread motivated me to go out there today and give it a shot. I think I found the issue and hopefully resolved to. I‘m not going to test it. It’ll go off in the am and I’ll know then for better or for worse. Lol…… If it’s not fixed there’s always tomorrow ……

Auto Transport Service
Back