• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Projects you have on the list but just can't get started....

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
It sits there....you have the stuff to do it but it just sits there.
You walk by it, knowing that you should just go ahead and dig in and get it done.
What project do you have in the garage that you just can't bring yourself to do?
The body and paint? Reskin the seats? Engine swap? Alcoholics Anonymous? What?

01 face 1.jpg

I was going to start making a list of potential thread starter topics.....but I couldn't get motivated. :lol:

I smashed a shower and started demolition on a bathroom at home this week. Does that count....? It's only been about 5 years of procrastination so far. I gave myself an extra incentive and agreed that the Tiler could start mid February. I have to pull finger now....lol

Plumber called in this morning to disconnect the pipework and plug off so I can rip out the vanity and toilet etc. No pictures yet.....it's a mess. :poke:

Every vehicle I own has something that I've considered doing. For now, I'll start with the newest....
The 2007 Dodge is closing in on another milestone...

1704788464455.png

I do have this to swap in:

H 4.jpg

Kitchen floor, I Ripped up the flooring 7 years ago....... Now she kinda likes the concrete look.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dig out the gyrocopter and finish rebuilding it so I can fly it. Bought it around 2000.

always a list , always good intentions, always something more important to do first ! unfortunately there only one of me on duty …..lmfao!!!

I managed to start every project, and even add a couple.........

I sure have a lot of work to do :rolleyes:

Didn't work out well for John Denver!
He wasn’t flying a gyrocopter. He was trying to fly the homebuilt plane he just bought and he couldn’t reach the fuel selector that was moved to be behind the pilot’s left shoulder. The cockpit was a little too tight for the pilot to twist around and reach it.

He wasn’t flying a gyrocopter. He was trying to fly the homebuilt plane he just bought and he couldn’t reach the fuel selector that was moved to be behind the pilot’s left shoulder. The cockpit was a little too tight for the pilot to twist around and reach it.

all that poor bastard needed was a reach around? :eek:

1- 67 wagon and 67 4D parts car- retirement project. Tentatively scheduled to start October 2025.

2- Screen porch rehab to cat friendly (and escape proof). Keep running into roadblocks and engineering challenges.

3- Composite flooring project. MBR, entry hall completed. Dining/kitchen/pantry/laundry room (must be done together) plus 2BR and 3BR with hall (also must be done together) left to do plus...

4- ...had a waist high railing separating the sunken living room from the entry hall and dining area.
Wife hated it (I love it), so we compromised and removed 1/3 of it, opening up much of the dining to living room transition area/step down.
The bottom rail is still there and there is no flooring underneath it.
Prior to starting on project 3 above, the plan is to remove most of this rail (it's lag bolted to the floor) and construct an end post to support and mark the end of the rail that was left in place. That's gonna be fun. ...and find suitable material to bring the area under the rail up to th height of the dining room floor.

5- 4 barrel, intake and AC idle solenoid for the Satellite.
6- machine gun exhaust tips for the Satellite.

There's a LOT more.

I have no projects... I have completed every task....

:rofl: NOT!!!

Got a 34 dodge truck with suicide doors from texas 2 years ago, started doing a suspension and drive train upgrade (slant 6, and air ride) between buying a house and flipping it, to work, and building the new shop, she's been way neglected. Shop is almost done it's next on my list, at least for now :lol: I think?

I want to pull the engine out of the car . Clean, detail and repaint everything under hood.

I just cant bring myself to pull it down / take it out of service for that long.

I have house projects a little higher on the priority list. New tile floors, Remodel the master bath which will probably roll into the 2nd bathroom remodel.
New patio door will be the easiest one to complete. As soon as it warms up a bit. So this will be priority numero one in the next few weeks.

I have LISTS, long ones getting longer. Deflected by other lists, for doing fix-its at my daughter’s houses. OLD houses they bought where nothing is square anymore and lath & plaster walls. One lives 220-miles away so I bring back as much as I can back to my shop to work on it. There’s many I’ve done; but MORE needing doing. Haven’t started on my old ride winter projects yet. Interrupted by cataract surgeries with the recoup wait before doing stuff I need to do on my knees and back. Maybe next week I can get started on the Plymouth. Oh, this is still a question.

And there’s the list of things I’ll ponder on such as what should I do first – oh – then there’s a habit I’ve developed after getting my 1st cup of coffee. I’ll log on FBBO and get to reading about other’s hassles on projects and wanting to toss my two-pennies on some posts…like this one. Hour later - back to pondering on my - list.

Auto Transport Service
Back