Promax. Paid for and waiting for the phone call....

A12 Mopar Discussions

1. stage3

stage3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    sorry to hear of your problems,,when i had my '71 barracuda with a 440 6-pak i went thru the same things,,pro max meter blocks,drilling bleed holes,vacuum 2nd springs etc,,dam thing had a mind of its own when vacuum started opening up the outboards,,then i discovered holley/direct connection some where around 1970 made mechanical secondary's 6-pak carbs,,i put those on and away i went,,,money well spent..it was like a triple pumper! and those outboards did not open unless my right foot said so!,,,FYI..on ebay right now,,i did not pay that much but mine were not NOS..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-440-...505575?hash=item5466b6bfe7:g:~tUAAOSwjrFb919O

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • biomedtechguy

biomedtechguy FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      2:44 AM
      Thanks for the reply. Before I sent them off, the only problem I had with the outboard carbs opening was when I first got the car. I made a minor adjustment to the "throttle plate actuator rods" and lubricated the eyes and clips that hold the rods in place and that was it! No matter how I worked the throttle, whether I stomped it from a dead stop or ever so gradually eased into the throttle, and all points in between, the outboard carbs opened without a flaw, at all, whatsoever. No bog, no stumbling, nothing but a SURGE of POWER.
      Now when I get on the gas from a roll I can feel the hesitation every time.
      I still need to spend time under the hood to be fair. I've been working so much I haven't done much toward resolving the problem.
      I definitely will follow up!
      If I don't get to a point of satisfaction with these, even if it means reinstalling my stock parts, the next move is 3x2 throttle body injection.