• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Property taxes finally within reason!!

I live in Louisiana. We were 49th in education last year. Our roads and bridges are the worst I have ever seen. With that being said my property tax on my 1500 foot house is $168 a year. There is no personnel property tax on motor vehicles. But we have a State income tax and my sales tax is a zoo. It is different on different things, it runs 5 to 8.5 %. Our gasoline tax is 38.5 cents. Kinda in the middle of all states.
I guess you get what you pay for.

To avoid high taxes on cars over 25 years old in Ct you register them with antique plates, property taxes $50 a year.
The antique tags here are a one-time fee for like $50.
Never have to renew them again. :)

When your property taxes hit 5 figures, then talk to me. And I only have 1/3 acre. There's a reason people are leaving this hell-hole, along with NY & CT, the northeast stinkin' armpit of the US. Besides the big, fat fartbag we got, the commie next door in NY wants to have free college tuition. Smart people can't get the hell out of this area fast enough.

What you are describing is "voting with your feet". And thank God that when we get a belly full in one unreasonable state, we can pick up and move to another state. What is scary is that there are fewer and fewer states I would want to move to.

Auto Transport Service
Back