• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud father

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
It’s a nice feeling when one of your kids starts to get a little older, 11, and you see in him a chip off the old block. My 11-year-old boy has always been very creative, mechanically inclined, always inventing things and taking things apart. In the last year or so he has also shown a great work ethic. All on his own he started taking our lawnmower and walking around the neighborhood mowing lawns to earn money and get parts and other things that he needs. It’s very refreshing in a world where kids aren’t as much self starters or outdoors gettin it done. For Christmas I got him one of the predator lawnmower engines from Harbor freight. I also downloaded go cart plans. He keeps making reference to getting the go cart built so he can drive around town pulling his lawnmower. I’m still working with him on keeping his work area clean. I get it. my work area was messy as hell when I was a kid but I knew where everything was. One thing he recently built was a wooden long bow. He downloaded a video of a guy making one and we went to the hardware store, bought some poplar and he built one himself. Of course he modifies a lot of things and when he did that it actually broke.

Last edited:
You're blessed, but, you already know that!! Be proud!!

Get a welder in his hand and teach him how to properly use it. Alot of these skills are lost in today's youth. Looks to me your son is pointed in the right direction. Good job Dad! 440'

thats so cool to hear,I cant get my grandson to do crap. Blessed you are:thumbsup:

Get a welder in his hand and teach him how to properly use it. Alot of these skills are lost in today's youth. Looks to me your son is pointed in the right direction. Good job Dad! 440'
We’ve started welding a little bit. He’s done a couple small projects. When I grew up I did not have access to a welder or a lot of the tools I have now that he has access to. I’m excited to share those with him and teach him.

Nice! He knows to spray paint away from the car correct... :D
LOL, yes he does. Now. I have not caught him in the garage pointing an arrow at my car yet so that’s a good thing.

I loved reading that story! I am sure that all of us enjoy that story because it reminds us of when we were young fellas.

We’ve started welding a little bit. He’s done a couple small projects. When I grew up I did not have access to a welder or a lot of the tools I have now that he has access to. I’m excited to share those with him and teach him.
That's awesome... :thumbsup: very cool

you should be proud, you must be a good example
Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean no ill will
But;
Now maybe also teach/guide him
(they learn more with guidance & a good example)
that a Lil' cleanliness goes a long way too
a lot easier to find stuff, keep track of tools/parts, etc.

that work area is a mess... :poke:

I know, I was just like that when I was much younger...

He sounds like me at that age!! After school paperboy, fixin bicycles, going door to door selling X-mas wreaths in Boy Scouts, cutting the old neighbors lawns and shoveling their snow, 10 houses worth. As I got older, gave them advice on car problems. Let hope he keeps speeding in the direction he's in, he'll be fine. Good Luck

That's awesome... :thumbsup: very cool

you should be proud, you must be a good example
Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean no ill will
But;
Now maybe also teach/guide him
(they learn more with guidance & a good example)
that a Lil' cleanliness goes a long way too
a lot easier to find stuff, keep track of tools/parts, etc.

that work area is a mess... :poke:

I know, I was just like that when I was much younger...
I have been working on this with him as well. He literally goes from one project to the next and usually leaves a little bit of wreckage behind each one. Before starting a new project I ask him to go out and clean up his work area. His idea of clean my idea of clean are way different. I spend a little time showing him and explaining to him what I mean by clean his work area. It’s getting better but it will take time.

I have been working on this with him as well. He literally goes from one project to the next and usually leaves a little bit of wreckage behind each one. Before starting a new project I ask him to go out and clean up his work area. His idea of clean my idea of clean are way different. I spend a little time showing him and explaining to him what I mean by clean his work area. It’s getting better but it will take time.
I sort of figured as much... :thumbsup:

a boy being a boy
you're a great dad

Keep the fire going! You are blessed to have a kid who is self motivated!
This was Einsteins desk the day he died...but I couldn't work in that either!
Lol!!!

coolpic12.jpg

Good job, let him be a boy as long as you can, he will be a young man before you know it. I will say again good job dad.

After working on multiple things yesterday at his work site I mentioned to him I would like him to clean. I’ve done this in the past and he kind of cleans. He told me he would get up in the morning and clean. While I was hesitant I said OK as I wanted to see if he came through. He did. I’m proud of him and he’s learning.

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back