• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for guys with Tremec TKO600 installed in your car

Wookie316

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi
For those who have installed Tremec TKO600's in your cars I have a few questions
1. What was your Trans angle after you installed?
2. Did you experience any vibrations?
3. Did you use a hydraulic release bearing or a standard bearing and fork with a slave? If so, what brand of bearing did you use or where did you get your slave setup from?

Thinking about switching from an internal hydraulic release bearing to a slave setup, but am curious what a guy needs to make the switch?
I found a nice looking slave bracket design that should work even though it's for a Ford, but I'm not sure what I need for a fork and a bearing if I go this route?
Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Early TKO vintage 2008 here. Unknown angle, installed after dimpling up the pan to to prevent vibration. Vibration and angle seems somewhat overated. No vibration issues at any speed or circumstance. No hydraulic set up for mine. Good luck. 69 Coronet.

i didn't have any vibrations with mine. back of the trans was pretty far down, not sure of the angle either. i used standard clutch linkage, had to cut the bracket off the scatter shield and re weld it to get the z bar straight,

Have you guys got any photos of your linkage setups? Did you use the stock fork and bearing? Trying to get an idea of what I can use other than an internal hydraulic bearing?
My angle isn't horrible I think? I was able to shim the tranny up to about 3 degrees. Can't go any more with out hitting in the tunnel. I know 2 degrees is kind of the bench mark.
On the rear I've tried everywhere from 3 degrees up to match tranny all the way to 2 degrees down to compensate for axle movement. It just doesn't seem to want to go away?
I've had the tranny out and apart, I've rechecked that the bell housing is dialed in correctly. I have a 2nd set of axles in the car because I broke one of the first ones due to my own stupidity.
I am waiting on a high spun driveshaft as I have found searching forums that guys have found issues in the driveshaft.
If that doesn't cure my issue then I'm lost as to what to check next?

Wookie ~ check out my photo gallery.. I have a 69 b body. I discovered the angle of the trans was so steep, I was forced to cut open my tunnel and widen it to move the trans up a full 2". This is as far up as you can get it without having to modify the factory upper cross member. With out bringing the trans up.. my TTI headers are aimed at the ground and would have no clearance. The drive line angle also would be way to far up and would have issues with body clearance on suspension travel. My car is lowered about 4" so I had no choice. With a stock height car you would still have horrible geometry with your drive line angle and would most certainly have issues with vibration and u joint failure.

I used stock linkage all the way to the fork. You need the correct throw out bearing that fits the output shaft and the correct length bearing. I have a quick time scatter shield which is an older model and has the narrow bolt pattern for the fork pivot bracket, which is nightmare to install. I still have a very hard pedal even with a Mcleod diaphram style pressure plate. I am still sorting out how to fix the hard pedal. My next step is to shim up the pivot bracket to gain more travel and leverage.

Auto Transport Service
Back