• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator help

Aussie.mopar

Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just repairing a small crack in the top tank and I was looking at the part number and its a 2785965, I think that's a 67 SB radiator, will it be ok in a 69 383 super bee ?? It's 22" but not sure if the 053 is bigger or fatter or anything 2row or 3 row. Can the 318 SB rad keep the 383 BB cool ??? Thanks heaps every one :)

isnt the BB one around 26" ? you might be alright if you dont go crazy power with the engine, and you are in sydney so it might be okay.
if you have the money i would probably put a BB one in, what temp does it run at around town?

Plenty of big blocks came with a 22" rad. If everything is good shape I'd think you'd be fine.

The top tank isnt the issue, only for hose routing. BB's did come with 22" rads. The number of rows is what I'd look at more, 3 being more desirable. AND if the used one isnt plugged. Bigger issue is that the SB lower tank will have the hose inlet moved inboard, causing clearance issues with the oil filter.

Auto Transport Service
Back