• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator shot

Seriously folks. Where the hell do you think Glen Ray gets cooling cores. Any radiator shop has access to the same supply. Are shops few and far between in todays throw away society, sure they are, but they're still out there... even in my one horse Ontario town!
I have to drive about 80 miles, but they do great work still. My Superbird radiator was done by them and still performs great. The only thing this shop no longer does is new cores. They have someone they will send it to for a core and stand behind it with their guarantee.

Several to pick from in St Louis area, just have to deal with freight... Look for old school truck repair shops too.

Theres a good shop in Ft Meyers. No one said owning an old car was gonna be easy, or cheap. get yours recored or replace with a china aluminum, either way it needs to be fixed.

Shops are out there but they are far and few between. I was luck to find a couple in my area. You may have to just box it up and ship it to a reputable shop.

I tried an alum rad in another car and it did no good, overheated worse than the bad original one.

So, something was up there. Kinda off topic for your issue now but either that one was too small, system was way dirty, or it fouled immediately at startup.

I have a pretty good vocabulary but I needed to look this one up.
Screenshot_20230331-122730.png

The radiator is leaking & looks shot on my 1962 Fury with a 318 Poly. Searched and they want big bucks for a replacement. Any advice on a possible aluminum replacement or am I going have to get robbed for a new one.

When it rains, it pours.

Compare this one to what you researched. It's the one I'm using. Really does a good job at a reasonable price.
22″ Mopar BIG BLOCK HD Aluminum Radiator

20170614_170915.jpg

Last edited:
Searched and they want big bucks for a replacement. Any advice on a possible aluminum replacement or am I going have to get robbed for a new one.

When it rains, it pours.
You've been given advice, you just refuse to take it!
Why are you so acerbic to me?
That's such a big word for someone that acts like a moneyless snowflake! That's the way he is, take it or leave!
I tried an alum rad in another car and it did no good, overheated worse than the bad original one. I really don’t want to go alum but I don’t want to shell out nearly a grand for a radiator either. Argggh!!
It's clear then that you had other problems than a bad radiator, your block is/was probably plugged up with rust & crud!
Tried that Google search too, none are really fixers, every one are just high dollar resellers or don’t exist any longer.
You must be a moneyless person; you need to get out of the hobby if you can't afford replacement parts!
So you’re happy with it and it keeps the car cool? I had one on another car and it didn’t work out for me.
Like I said, you had other problems that you didn't look at, you need to look at the "big picture", and not just the problem!
Good Luck

The radiator is leaking & looks shot on my 1962 Fury with a 318 Poly. Searched and they want big bucks for a replacement. Any advice on a possible aluminum replacement or am I going have to get robbed for a new one.

When it rains, it pours.
I have an aluminum one I pulled from my 63 Savoy - not a direct fit though, you're welcome to it. I'm in Okeechobee FL. Seems to be in good shape if you want to try it. Has electric fans mounted to it still and I have the relays here somewhere.

Chuck (snook)

So you’re happy with it and it keeps the car cool? I had one on another car and it didn’t work out for me.
Yes, very happy and it accepted the stock shroud as well.
Bought from Ebay. ruffcut

I should add that the first one I got had a small leak after about 6 months and the company replaced it free of charge! ruffcut

A rad shop owner told me that quite often the block should be flushed if overheating is still a problem after replacing the rad.
I still maintain, Chrysler made cars that worked for many years without a recall on overheating issues.

When it rains, it pours.
Try Championradiators.com The business is Ledfoot Racing from Orange, CA. I just bought an aluminum rad from them and it was hundreds less than Glen Ray.

My 62 radiator came from Griffin, yes its pricey, but does the job without issues. It was only a little less than a Glenn-Ray and looks original, just without numbers.
20220426_162759.jpg
20210122_155954.jpg

Like the old saying goes. You get what you pay for. I've read reviews about champion radiators leaking. Poor quality and fitment.
The fitment wasn’t perfect but I made it work. Yes it should have been better but I saved several hundred dollars. When I asked around about them I got a lot of positives and I don’t think I got any negatives.

The fitment wasn’t perfect but I made it work. Yes it should have been better but I saved several hundred dollars. When I asked around about them I got a lot of positives and I don’t think I got any negatives.
Thats good. I preferred the stock looking radiator for mine. Glen Ray 26 inch 3 core radiator with a 18 inch 7 blade flex fan and shroud keeps the car in check.

Auto Transport Service
Back