• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator/Shroud Combo Question

beanhead

May I Land My Kinky Machine
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
There are basically two reproduction Mopar Performance shrouds offered; the 68-69 style and 70-later. Is there any reason a guy couldn't use the 70s style, in a '68 car, if the radiator was the 70s style also? Are the fan offset and radiator-to-support mounting holes the same?
Reason I ask is, since I'm not concerned with originality too much, and since I may need a new radiator anyway at some point I may want to switch to the 70 style because the shroud has a nice smooth 'funnel' shape to it. The earlier style is shallow, squared off, and has all those goofy shapes at the bottom. It seems to me that the 70 shroud will flow better just based on the smoothness and not having right angles within it which you would think has to impede the air flow some.. Thanks

Watching this one...
I sold my shroud with the 26" radiator (1968) that was in my 70 Roadrunner. I have no idea what year the shroud was from.
I saw a Summit shroud in a 70 or 71 Challenger 440 4bbl car, looked like a good fit.
Now I need a shroud for a flex fan...
EDIT: forum members have made fan shroud suggestions, I am just gathering data.
the 70 style because the shroud has a nice smooth 'funnel' shape to it, where the earlier style is shallow, squared off, and has all those goofy shapes at the bottom.
Anyone have pictures for comparison?

Last edited:
Anyone have pictures for comparison?
If you mean pics of the two MP shrouds--
MP 67-69 Shroud.jpeg

MP 70-73 Shroud.jpeg

If you use a 70 Radiator even a 68-69 radiator with 70 side brackets you can use the 70 shroud...

Not to hijack, but I'm going to try the shroud from my 17" electric fan since I already have it and I'm not in a hurry to burn up fan motor #4 and another $100 plus dollars.

This all academic, of course...
I've been eyeing a Cold Case and I'd like to use the later MP shroud. I've been running a Champion but they can't seem to grasp that the shroud mounting flanges need to turn outward from the radiator, not inward. I've 'modified' my shroud to work with it but have never really been happy with it. Works okay, but it'd be nice to have pieces that actually go together the way they were meant to..

Auto Transport Service
Back