• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Support Black Paint

rp27g8

Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
What paint are you all using to black out the radiator core support? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Dupli-color roll bar and chassis paint rattle can, off the shelf of Oreillys. Easy to get, cheap, and if you have to touch it up, not a problem. Seems pretty durable too, 3 years and after wiping the bugs off, doesn’t look too bad lol

93317755-C596-4D8B-BB49-DF1E15432F2C.jpeg

8762BE12-B0C6-4199-92D1-D9F405B970C3.jpeg

I use Nason Chassis Black enamel.

I like its oil resistance and it hardens well. Oh, and its cheap and easy to HVLP spray.

RGAZ

Any black paint that's not high gloss will do the job!

I believe that black, dark green and dark blue cars were body colour. At least 66-7.
Some but not all. THey were sprayed from underneath with thinned undercoating and with a wand that resembles one on a weed sprayer. Some light colored cars didn't get sprayed and some black, dark blue or green cars did. The guy in the pit was the one that made it happen. He was in charge regardless of what he was told to do by a supervisor.

Auto Transport Service
Back