• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran the TF 270 heads today

Tex013

Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Finally had a day at the track to try the new TF270 heads
It was 1/8 competition with some 1/4 testing
I had a couple of issues so ran 4 1/8 and 1 1/4 passes
I reweighed the car 3690 lbs on startline
These heads definately deliver
1/8
6.587 6.554 6.583 6.539
105.54 105.30 105.17 105.68
Nearly 1 1/2 tenths and 2 mph gain
1/4
[email protected]
Nearly 3 tenths and just over 2mph
Unfortunately seems i may have hurt the motor early this month when i cracked the old heads , was throwing water in valve covers/catch can also pushing oil into catch can then blew breather off .
May also need converter reset
Oh well at least i drove it home , 40 miles on freeway .

Tex

congrats

& good luck
I hope the damage isn't too bad

Very nice! Great to be seeing some numbers TF270 heads. Are these heads OOTB or any work done?

Malex ,
Pulled out of box and checked springs and made sure of guide clearance and seat to valve . Thats it .

Tex

Malex ,
Pulled out of box and checked springs and made sure of guide clearance and seat to valve . Thats it .

Tex
It looks like Trick Flow really came through good with the 270's. What I've is the motor, CR and cam?

It looks like Trick Flow really came through good with the 270's. What I've is the motor, CR and cam?
Malex
505ci , 10.9/11:1 , 272@050flat tappet , .600nett lift , 1050 dominator on Super Victor .
Exhaust and mufflers dump at diff
Nothing too exotic .
Data shows motor was lean at top end .

Tex

Malex
505ci , 10.9/11:1 , 272@050flat tappet , .600nett lift , 1050 dominator on Super Victor .
Exhaust and mufflers dump at diff
Nothing too exotic .
Data shows motor was lean at top end .

Tex
---
Great! They work real well on the 500 ci engines and there's lots of them out there with similar specs to what you're running. Curious, what's your altitude and jetting in that 1050 to run lean?

Nice going. I forgot what your old heads were ? RPM's ? Were they worked any and was that the only change you made ? Congrats on the new best. Ron

---
Great! They work real well on the 500 ci engines and there's lots of them out there with similar specs to what you're running. Curious, what's your altitude and jetting in that 1050 to run lean?
Track is about 500-1000 above sea level
82 front 96 rear jet
Freeway , 3200 , afr is 13.5 . So I will have to try smaller high speed bleeds . I want to do this on chassis dyno easier to back to back

Tex

Right hand bank plugs , left bank are same .
Pulled them tonight , havent started it since i got home saturday afternoon
Single plug is #3
Tex

20180702_190701.jpg 20180702_191852.jpg

Hey Tex, what cooling fan setup are you running ?

Sorry about the engine, but sweet results.
yeah I am working through things . The motor seemed ok after the run home moisture wise so maybe ok . Going over the day it is my fault the breather blew out , wrapped catch can in a rag , Now having cover fittings welded not pushin . Also catch can drain was crap and may not have fully drained
May run again in a week to test if I get a chance , BUT will most likely go to a taller 30" Pro bracket radial .
Bugger more $

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back