• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rant: I hate chrysler

He isn't selling. I was just saying that I remember when the car came up for sale a couple years ago and Michael bought it.
I left out the :poke:kinda on purpose because I'm serious about buying it.

I am placing bets with my wife on how soon we will need a starter on our Buick Envision. Every time you stop so does the engine. Saves gas but shortens starter life for sure.
I heard one of those at a crosswalk and started laughing my *** off. Saves gas...how much? What does a new starter cost?

Welcome to the new FBBO Facebook. If you say something negative, your post will get shelved, omitted or put back into the nether regions of nowhere. Say Buh-Bye to this one as soon as Toolman Mike or his buddies find it or EVEN WORSE, if somebody complains. ++++ OHHH NOOOO!!!! :hifu:

View attachment 1304360
This is the sort of post that is perfect for painting a big red X on your own back. :rolleyes:

If you have had a disagreement in the past, either let it go, or look at what you posted. We don't delete out of spite.

I heard one of those at a crosswalk and started laughing my *** off. Saves gas...how much? What does a new starter cost?
Picture this...You, well not exactly you QOTHL, are sitting in one of these cars at a intersection, motors off, your light turns green at the same time you notice the big dump truck heading towards your drivers door, maybe 50' away and closing fast... oh no, you mash the throttle pedal to the floor only to realize the motor did not start....
Anyway, back to the OP, maybe the OPer has exceptionally large hands?

Last edited:
This is the sort of post that is perfect for painting a big red X on your own back. :rolleyes:

If you have had a disagreement in the past, either let it go, or look at what you posted. We don't delete out of spite.
Might have to start deleting out of spite to this guy.....lol

I left out the :poke:kinda on purpose because I'm serious about buying it.
Gotcha. It would be a good one. Shipping it back from Germany would suck though....

But at over 400,000 km. it also hasn't needed to be changed.:)
And how many startups in that 400000KM has this vehicle had? That would explain the condition of the starter and why it hasn't needed to be changed. Some people can't comprehend the concept of that!

Just do us all a favor and sell your Chrysler product and go back to your GM crap. I need not have to read any farther.
Let me tell you something: It was NOT a great idea to put a big block (440 in my case) in that (to) SMALL engine bay!

You can't reach ****.
There is almost no working room, kinda like a modern car.

Even something "simple" like changing spark plugs makes you want to scrap the car.

Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful looking and driving car, comfy and nice with in my case a/c and even cruise control.
But the people that decided that this MAINTENANCE NIGHTMARE is worth 90k in #3 condition must be OUT OF THEIR ******* MIND.

Why am i so mad?

Well i just spent 5 hours together with my dad trying to change the motor mounts.
We managed to change 1 (passenger side) and i'm not sure if it's possible to swap the driver side mount without pulling the engine. (even less working room)
Everytime we repair something on this car it's the same story: Almost no working room. Most of the time you can barely fit a wrench.

Not a great design from a maintenance point of view.
Look at my 72 cutlass supreme (It has an sbo but even the ones with bbo seem to have way more working room in pictures)
or look at a 70 chevelle (same platform), 69 camaro or 67 impala for example.
Those all seem to be way more maintenance friendly due to having more working room.

I don't know. I kinda spent 50k on this car to punish myself.
Could've bought a 70 chevelle ls6 for the same money at that point.
Yeah the mopars look the best and we've got the hemi (unfortunately i don't have a hemi personally) but i think the chevelle would be the better choice for the non masochist mechanic.

If you want a charger better get it with a slant 6.
Or hire your own personal pitiable creatures (mechanics) to do the work for you. (Like Jay Leno does)

I should do like hoovie from hoovies garage.
Make videos about how great these cars are and let someone else do the crappy work for me while making money at the same time. :D

Gotcha. It would be a good one. Shipping it back from Germany would suck though....
Yeah, but it may need to be saved.
I've seen, and maybe you as well, videos on YouTube of people in Germany trying to start a big block 69 Charger. Pretty funny...

oh no, you mash the throttle pedal to the floor only to realize the motor did not start....
The whole hoax of climate change/global warming BS behind this **** is what irritates the F out of me. The emissions from any of the over 200 volcanoes on this planet is thousands of times greater than anything manmade EVER. But I'll stop with that since it's way off topic. I'm just disappointed that people are not just making these stupid vehicles but they're buying them.
We are discussing a 50 yr old vehicle...again, slightly off topic but where will a new Tesla be in 50yrs?

Anyway, back to the OP, maybe the OPer has exceptionally large hands?
I'm 5'3", about 130 and that can be a real challenge when I have to get to something on the firewall. I have to practically lay across my engine compartment, feet off the floor. I'm in good shape but sometimes the hieght disadvantage makes it difficult to get stuff out of the engine compartment.

I just want to remind that i was severely pissed off when posting this thread.
I do not really hate chrysler. :moparsmiley:

I did not expect people to take it so personal/seriously.
I actually did not think much at all when i was posting it. I was in rage.

Last edited:
I own two old Mopars, a 66 Corvette and an ERA Cobra with Ford FE power that I built (but not the engine - wasn’t crazy enough to tackle an FE). I completely restored/painted the Corvette, built/painted the ERA, and been through more pieces and systems of the two old Mopars than I care to remember. I’ve had the occasion to hate them all at one time or the other. All old cars and engines have their idiosyncrasies that have to be overcome and concurred. As my 82 year old car restoration buddy tells me when I’m having a difficult time, “ That’s just hot rodding”.

Number one tool needed when piddling with our old cars is patience. You can get by with very little on a lot of jobs but sooner or later a job is going to call for a lot of it. I have seen a mechanic get so mad at the bucket of bolts , engine he was working on that he slung his ratchet clear down to the other end of the shop, knowing dang well he had to walk down there and get it. I said , Bro, you may need another profession, them bolts and tools don't feel no pain. Ha ha, we all been there. I worked in a nuclear power plant for 35 years, Michael , I can show you some "tight" places that would maybe change your mind about Mopars......

Number one tool needed when piddling with our old cars is patience. You can get by with very little on a lot of jobs but sooner or later a job is going to call for a lot of it. I have seen a mechanic get so mad at the bucket of bolts , engine he was working on that he slung his ratchet clear down to the other end of the shop, knowing dang well he had to walk down there and get it. I said , Bro, you may need another profession, them bolts and tools don't feel no pain. Ha ha, we all been there. I worked in a nuclear power plant for 35 years, Michael , I can show you some "tight" places that would maybe change your mind about Mopars......
Worked for 26 years as a machinist in a refinery and we got to do all of the crappy jobs as a trainee that the 1st class guys didn't want to do. They were working too but usually pointed and said 'do this and shut up' lol. The compressor section was probably the worse of the worst but being a pump monkey had it's moments too. Kinda glad I was good enough on machines to grab that gig especially as I got older and my back was hurting a lot. Did spend my last year out in the field doing pump work....didn't like working on them all that much though.

Btw, every time I worked on a GM, things didn't go well. Basically, it seems I have black thumbs with it comes to GM products lol. And so far, out of the fairly small collection of GM products I've had and actually drove them (which was two), both engines got hurt. One was a 265 and the other was a 454 but they came apart in someone else's hands. The 265 lasted about a month with the new owner but don't know how hard he was on it and no he didn't get any money back. I was pretty hard on it but isn't a 265 good for high rpm? It was in a 56 Chevy 2dr sedan (210?)

The 454 was in a boat and I'm sure I hurt it since I heard it 'squeak' on shut down on time (actually twice) and the new owner said it came apart in the no wake zone the first time he had it in the water. I thought 454's were good for high rpm too? The ironic thing is....if it can be considered ironic....is that in the 50+ years and LOTS of cars with a couple of race only cars that saw the track (the majority of my daily drivers saw the drag strip too), I've never blown up an engine, trans or rearend. I did hurt one when a valve spring broke but it didn't come apart. It was the last race of the season and knew the springs were getting tired but....last race of the season. Couldn't believe the inner spring and damper held on but it did. Tell ya what, don't think there's a Chevy made that would stand up to the abuse I gave to any Mopar that I've owned.

I used to punish my cars and I still have one of them. It's just a V6 95 Dakota but man, all I've ever done to it was be mean! I'm not mean to it anymore though but it still runs good and always has. I got it when my dad passed on in 98 and well, not a fan of the V6 'magnum' so I 'tested' it for years lol. It's not good looking anymore but have a 96 that is pretty nice still. My newest vehicle is a 97 2500 diesel and has low miles for one of those. None of my friends are daily driving original GM or Ford products that old and yes, my trio of trucks are still all original. Well, except for water pumps, starters and the like. The only things on the diesel that's been replaced is the water pump and starter and recently replaced the starter....and of course acc belts T-stats and little stuff hoses. Replaced the rear gears in the diesel several years ago but it used to pull a 5th wheel and it saw a LOT of burnouts when I first got it lol. I think ChryCo dropped the ball when they only installed Dana 70's in these things. Can't believe they put Dana 60's in the 1st gen diesels!

@Michael_ and anyone else who wants to read this post.

Auto Transport Service
Back