• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real world values on trim/gas cap?

Randy Marsh

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
I have an entire set of 66 Belvedere 2 belt line trim, the gas cap, and dummy for the other side. I've seen prices all over the place for this stuff. I realize that it's not reproduced, but that's not a reason to be an *** and try to rape people. What is a reasonable price for this stuff? I'm not a parts junkie or flipper. I just want to give a guy a fair deal and get some coin to throw back into my car. Is it better to sell as a complete set, or sell by piece?

I realize that the forum has rules about asking price, ect, but this is a general knowledge question. I have no friggin idea what this stuff is worth in the REAL world. I however would like to offset some of the other things I have planned. Thanks

I have no idea what people are charging for this stuff, but if I was buying for my car, I probably wouldn't go above $250 for the whole set. If it was much above that I'd leave it off and just get a gas cap. Hope that helps.

ya I agree 250 is a fair asking price but I've seen sets of that trim pop up and actually sell for around 100-150 bucks so that's probably a more reasonable number that you will end up getting. also depends on condition. If its basically mint condition or NOS you could probably get 300 bucks but keep in mind the people who will pay that will be very picky.

I paid 160.00 for a 66 gas cap. But already had the trim. The gas cap is not NOS, its used but inn really nice shape. I did see a NOS cap on ebay for $500.00 I think 250.00 would be a fair price with the trim.

I sold a nice used original 66 Belvedere gas cap for $200 a couple years ago.

i have been getting 325-350 for a used cap all day. last NOS still in the box i sold i got 450. ..

When you get one tether it to the car with a cable, they have a way of disappearing.:eek:

super high theft item

Auto Transport Service
Back