• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Fender Trim Clips

CherryBomb

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
I have been working on polishing up the fender/door trims on my '66 Charger, and took another look at the clips inside the trims. When I first looked at them I had thought that (albeit crusty) they were serviceable. Upon closer inspection, most of them are not. I found another post recommending the ones by Mega Parts, but they are out of stock. Anyone know of any other vendors that make these? Also, any recommendations on what to use for the little foil wraps that protect the paint?

Screenshot 2023-08-23 113835.jpg

IMG_9611.jpg

I think RT Specialties had them at one point. Seen them also on eBay once in a while. The problem with these is that they do not work on that short piece until you do some trimming/modification to some of them to get a clip inside. How many do you need?

Last edited:
I did find the person that sold these on eBay. Not sure if he has anymore but I am going to check. This is where I purchased a set.

The 2 at the front on each side are shorter.

If you are referring to the short section, I have 3 on both sides for my 67 and have found same in other cars.
Could be some were.
I've only ever seen 2, and that's all the room there is for the short ones. Examples;
20230823_115103.jpg
20230823_115053.jpg
20230823_115246.jpg

Yep, and one towards the "collar" that inserts into the long section.

Yep, and one towards the "collar" that inserts into the long section.
No argument on what you have, but these have never ever had a 3rd one in them clear as day.

No argument on what you have, but these have never ever had a 3rd one in them clear as day.
Nope. Agree. Not all had 3. I know I said that I have found 3 on other cars but should have stated that some cars did only have 2. Would be interesting to see where each car with each "style" was manufactured and see if that was the case.

Nope. Agree. Not all had 3. I know I said that I have found 3 on other cars but should have stated that some cars did only have 2. Would be interesting to see where each car with each "style" was manufactured and see if that was the case.

I agree as well. If I were to guess... I would think they added it in 67. The one piece I have I'm sure was a 66.. other one not sure.
It was common for them to pop up in that area, so makes sense as a running change

I agree as well. If I were to guess... I would think they added it in 67. The one piece I have I'm sure was a 66.. other one not sure.
It was common for them to pop up in that area, so makes sense as a running change
And if one does not have one in that area, I would suggest adding it. Like you said they did tend to pop up.

I did find the person that sold these on eBay. Not sure if he has anymore but I am going to check. This is where I purchased a set.
Just cruised through and could not find them on RT Specialties. If you were able to find that eBay seller that would be great!

Just cruised through and could not find them on RT Specialties. If you were able to find that eBay seller that would be great!
Hopefully he will answer me and let me know. Otherwise, how many are you looking for?

I will do a quick count and see, I need pretty much all of them.
K. If you only needed a few I could have sent, but I guess keep trying MegaParts. I have had no response from the guy on eBay and not the first time he has taken forever to answer.

To get to the full factory quantity, I would need 6 for the drivers side, and 9 for the passenger side. The rest appear to be serviceable. I am wondering if I could get away with two fewer on each side along the long straight part towards the rear, maybe go every-other clip there? That would bring it down from 15 needed to 11 needed.

To get to the full factory quantity, I would need 6 for the drivers side, and 9 for the passenger side. The rest appear to be serviceable. I am wondering if I could get away with two fewer on each side along the long straight part towards the rear, maybe go every-other clip there? That would bring it down from 15 needed to 11 needed.
Don't tell anybody, but one of my cars has none on the long strip. It's held on by the front piece and the rear J.
You'll be fine missing a couple

Don't tell anybody, but one of my cars has none on the long strip. It's held on by the front piece and the rear J.
Wow. Lucky you no one has gotten the itch to pinch the pinch trim.

Now you’re making me think I could get away with cleaning up my serviceable ones haha. I’d still like to add some more if I can

Auto Transport Service
Back