• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear shackles sliders info

Question, on your sliders how much space do you leave for the spring to move forward. One inch or half inch. Or do you just split it down the middle. Next question length of shock should it be longer or is there a standard shock to use.
1st install I put it in the middle,but on extension the roller bearing hit the front of the slot.Had to Unweld it and move it forward.

5.31.15 023.jpg 5.31.15 024.jpg

Hemi you are using the mono leaf spring correct. So if using ss springs the sliders will be mounted in a different location correct. The mono leaf will arch faster than the SS spring. I would also believe that the shocks need to be 6 inch longer. To keep the rear end down as the arch increasing and the weight transfer to the rear. The biggest point is to get the launch from the line with all the torque on the rear wheels. Which brings me to the spring perches as we all know to box them should be a torque arm weld to the top of the axle to the frame to help control roll of the rear housing. We can't see it but after seeing these perches go from flat to curve I have to wonder why there is not something on top. I myself will be inverting a toque arm from top of the rear housing down to the frame. Why I ask you is your putting out so much hp and torque.

They will roll further forward than you think. Leave about 2/3 of the travel forward of the spring eye.
Doug

Bear, you are trying to reinvent the wheel.You are right about the spring perches and reinforcing them. Most guys that switch to the Caltrac system pick up in the 60 ft and have the adjustability of how the tire plants at the hit and go straight. Don't know how torque arms will effect your suspension................
When I broke a perch,I had a new pair of stock perches in stock for years.When we installed them Joe reinforced the rear of the perch to the axle tube.

4.7.15 005.jpg 8.1.14 003.jpg 8.1.14 009.jpg 8.1.14 013.jpg 8.1.14 016.jpg 8.1.14 018.jpg

Last edited:
That would be me over thinking everything. I really need to stop it but always have done it. Thanks for your help

Auto Transport Service
Back