• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear suspension

What to do?
Caltracs or Ladder bars? :poke:
Hi Bobtile this is my setup on my 10.00 index street duster I hope it helps image.jpgimage.jpg

cool Duster Dartari

Dartari, your dart is BAD! Hey, could you explain what you have going on with that suspension? I can't quite follow it all.

Dartari, your dart is BAD! Hey, could you explain what you have going on with that suspension? I can't quite follow it all.

Basically I relocated the shocks forward of the rear added an Art anti rollbar and replace the rear shackles with sliders the shocks are strange double adjustableimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Basically I relocated the shocks forward of the rear added an Art anti rollbar and replace the rear shackles with sliders the shocks are strange double adjustableimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
A before and after shot

Any thought on a 4 link with a slider on the frame and leaf springs? Could not figure out how to take care of the horizontal movement until I seen the slider.

:iamwithstupid:That does look interesting. But, how does it perform? Do you have any before an after data?

now that i sold my barracuda with the cal tracs and graduated to a 1963 plymouth i would say superstocks ....
i havent seen a big differance in the 2 except when i push the car around it seems that the rear bumper is a bit higher in the rear of my 63 witch benefits pushing back into garage its a little up hill . the et and 60 foot seems a bit quicker but the 63 is on 1970s rotten tires that go flat after a few minutes so you have to push faster

:iamwithstupid:That does look interesting. But, how does it perform? Do you have any before an after data?
I haven't gotten the chance to try it this season but the design concept is sound I was influenced by Guppy (Adam Saylor) green demon as anyone can atest that Demon is bad *** as a matter of fact I bought my strange double adjustables from him I believe he upgraded to Santhuff shocks the only difference between our setup is he has a fab9 rear diff I have a Dana60 Also Adam is always willing to share his knowledge and help others out including me.

I haven't gotten the chance to try it this season but the design concept is sound I was influenced by Guppy (Adam Saylor) green demon as anyone can atest that Demon is bad *** as a matter of fact I bought my strange double adjustables from him I believe he upgraded to Santhuff shocks the only difference between our setup is he has a fab9 rear diff I have a Dana60 Also Adam is always willing to share his knowledge and help others out including me.

I've seen that car. It's great off the line. Badass for sure.
It looks like a 4-link would benefit from the anti roll bar but if I went with the ladder bar setup, nothing would be gained.

I've seen that car. It's great off the line. Badass for sure.
It looks like a 4-link would benefit from the anti roll bar but if I went with the ladder bar setup, nothing would be gained.
with the ladder bar you wouldn't need an anti rollbar. on a leaf spring car especially with the split mono leaf I consider it a must have to keep the axle from winding up if you already have the caltrac setup you might want to this setup cost is minimum plus you can run some stock suspension class that might be available at a local event

I run CalTracs and mid 10,s. Lots of adjustability for different track conditions. 300 at Wildhorse..jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back