• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear suspension

Who's Nendra?
Did I join the wrong group?

Attachments

• 10805075_10205114338688685_1237508002_n.jpg
    10805075_10205114338688685_1237508002_n.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 248
what the heck is NAMBLA now ??

Yup, I've seen a lot of cars that are consistent with CT's but I've also seen a lot of cars that are not.....just sayin..

Cranky has had the same experience with Cal Trac's as we have had.
We have a nose heavy car and it leaves like a turd 60' is low to mid 1.40's yet has run high 9.60's - 9.70's at one race then go to the next race a month later and it's running 9.90's to 10.0's....

I know quite a few guys' running in the 9.20's with cal tracs and they win a lot but I'm not smart enough to figure them out.
We're going ladder bar this winter... I'm done messing with it.

Another thing to keep in mind. When you hook spin and hook or spin hook spin it BREAKS PARTS, so if you are going to just race the car go ladder bar or 4 link and never look back.

CT's were actually produced for cars that HAD to run in a class that required the suspension to be maintained as it came from the factory. If it came with leaf springs, you had to run them but the rules in pretty much all the stock classes allows for traction aids.....slapper bars, etc and CT's are considered a traction aid. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I read what the rules were many years ago. Now most of the guys that run them that are in the 8's etc and are running a small tire like a 10.5 are usually using a multistage NOS system.

Cranky has had the same experience with Cal Trac's as we have had.
We have a nose heavy car and it leaves like a turd 60' is low to mid 1.40's yet has run high 9.60's - 9.70's at one race then go to the next race a month later and it's running 9.90's to 10.0's....

I know quite a few guys' running in the 9.20's with cal tracs and they win a lot but I'm not smart enough to figure them out.
We're going ladder bar this winter... I'm done messing with it.

Another thing to keep in mind. When you hook spin and hook or spin hook spin it BREAKS PARTS, so if you are going to just race the car go ladder bar or 4 link and never look back.

Kevin and his Dad have fought traction issues for years with Caltracs. Breaking prts from spinning/hooking is inevitable.
And trust me from experience, it ain't cheap.
break a ring/pinion and it goes right into the transmission. when that happens your into a $1000.00+ weekend

spend it now or spend more later.

- - - Updated - - -

what the heck is NAMBLA now ??

It's scary to say the least. BOBTILE & JIMMY VIGNOGNA President/ Vice President

Yep, snapped an A&A Ultimate Sprag like a pretzel two years ago. I showed it to Rick Allison and he said that ours was only the second one he's ever seen break like that. The other one was Joe Midile who is running Cal Tracs also but he's going 9.20's.

Kevin and his Dad have fought traction issues for years with Caltracs. Breaking prts from spinning/hooking is inevitable.
And trust me from experience, it ain't cheap.
break a ring/pinion and it goes right into the transmission. when that happens your into a $1000.00+ weekend

spend it now or spend more later.

- - - Updated - - -

It's scary to say the least. SUPERSTOCKRACER & JIMMY VIGNOGNA President/ Vice President

Better.

I fixed your post for you.

:/

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 198
Greg Luniak proving his Luniaks Launchers ( better than any caltracs) . track proven i hang out with class racers that used
caltracs / superstock springs . their basically for 60 foot i have gotta say gregs launchers hands down do their job to provide results thats what i would use for the money bolt on and get what your looking for period . all the rest is hear say worked for me no they didnt yea yea yea just like dyno /head flow results B.S. . hahahaha

Did a search for Luniaks Launchers and am a bit confused as to wither it is in reference to the name for the cars or the rear suspension system they ran. If it is of the suspension system would somebody post some pictures?

Auto Transport Service
Back