• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refresh the shop/man-cave

The ONLY thing about the floor is; if you drop a nut or small washer they "disappear".

Damn you!!!!! The floor has to be NICE specially for rolling around on a creeper anyway! I can only dream of a shop floor that nice the rest is easy gotten but the floor isn't so easy!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Barnfind. I do the welding and torch stuff/plasma cutting out in the "cold storage" which has a standard cement floor. but everything else is done in there. Have spilled gas, various oils and acetone and it wipes right up

Thats one nice shop, Id be afraid to work in it.

- - - Updated - - -

...well... I do have to mop it every now and then. :)

Creeper? You could roll around on the floor in your "Sunday best" and not get dirty.

latest upgrade. took about 4 hours and a 12 pack. still need to install the hardware and paint it to some what match. also need to paint above the door.

Attachments

• door4.jpg
    door4.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 371
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 374
  • door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 356
  • door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 354
  • door3.jpg
    door3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 358
latest upgrade. took about 4 hours and a 12 pack. still need to install the hardware and paint it to some what match. also need to paint above the door.

.......that is so awesome.

Here's the latest installment; the bathroom. I had to keep it tame because it's also the bathroom for the apartment attached to the shop and kids/we use it to shower after swimming in the pond. Decided to go with late 50's, early 60's colors in gloss and slap up some pirated Dodge and Plymouth advertising from the era. Tried to get a mirror set from that decade too. The door pulls are replacement dash knobs from Summit Racing and the drawer pulls are the left over chainsaw con rod caps that were used for the towel and TP holder. Sorry dont know how to flip the pictures.

Attachments

• bathroom1316.jpg
    bathroom1316.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 254
  • bathroom1314.jpg
    bathroom1314.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 266
  • bathroom1312.jpg
    bathroom1312.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 257
  • bathroom1309.jpg
    bathroom1309.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 286
  • bathroom1317.jpg
    bathroom1317.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 279
  • bathroom1318.jpg
    bathroom1318.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 264
  • bathroom1319.jpg
    bathroom1319.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 278
  • bathroom1320.jpg
    bathroom1320.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 267
  • bathroom1323.jpg
    bathroom1323.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 268
  • bathroom1324.jpg
    bathroom1324.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 245
  • bathroom1335.jpg
    bathroom1335.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 269
bathroom1316[1].jpgbathroom1312[1].jpgbathroom1309[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bathroom1318[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

looking very good thanks for the updates :headbang:

Nice place and you're right about nuts and bolts disappearing in that floor....especially small ones. I painted my floor white and that really helped to see stuff. My shop is no Dodge (Plymouth) Mahal but when I built the place, the concrete was poured too dry and wasn't able to get a power trowel on it for a good smooth finish and ended up sanding it to somewhat smooth. After that, all I got when I tried to sweep it was a dust cloud so I sealed with with paint. No more dust and it brightens things up too.

Nice place and you're right about nuts and bolts disappearing in that floor....especially small ones. I painted my floor white and that really helped to see stuff. My shop is no Dodge (Plymouth) Mahal....

DODGE MAHAL! that's funny cranky! Sounds like you found a solution to a couple issues... Damn, as I get older my eyes are going fast... and knees, and hair... hell, i'm pretty much shot!! lol...

That is way cool, need one done up as a drag strip, with tree. Where did you get it at. Should run the white lines onto your floor.

You just made a lot of guys dream come true ( for you) what I wouldn't give to have a shop like that. You could hold a Mopar show in there. Congrat! And I probably don't have to add enjoy!

That is way cool, need one done up as a drag strip, with tree. Where did you get it at. Should run the white lines onto your floor.

Thanks, 69.

Ya I thought about that but couldn't find stock art of one that I liked with the correct aspect ratio for the door. And yes, we are going to put a roll graphic on the floor of the divider lines before it's all done.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a car wrap. you can get them from any place that sells car wrap in your area. You just have to supply them with the digital graphic of high enough resolution. You can buy them online there are several sites that sell the artwork. you can't pirate a high enough resolution for it to work.... not that I would do that anyway....

Auto Transport Service
Back