• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember Blockbuster?

Hopefully soon down to none . They had a way of making you pay late fees . that place was a joke.

37977756_990630557728208_1843410705156407296_n.jpg

I'll bet I rented from the one in Anchorage
way back in 1984-86-ish

My daughter managed a couple of stores. I won’t go into what a sleezoid business they were.

Just another example of technology changing reality. Do any of you guys even go to the movie theater anymore? I haven't been to one in a year or 2. I have a 58" TV with surround sound in my family room. I can pause a movie to take a leak or get a snack or rewind it when I miss something when the wife starts yapping and asking questions !!!!!

I like going to the theater but I rarely see anything advertised that seems interesting. You get a different experience from a theater than at home.....as long as nobody is bothering you with bad behavior.

We love to go to the theatre. Nothing like the big screen and sound. Can’t be reproduced at home unless you have a mansion. I guessing most of us don’t. We bought a membership in MoviePass for $6.95 a month you can go to the theater and see first run movies at the rate of one per day. Movies cost about $14 out here so do the math. The only issue is you have to pay for a years membership in advance. Not that big a deal as the outlay for 2 was about $190. The real problem is how long would this company last! I won’t bore you with all the detail but that was my first thought. Bottom line is they’re publicly traded (how I found out about them) and crumbling fast. It’s just not a sustainable financial model because they have to cut deals with the theatre chains to make up,part of the difference. They’re starting to cut back on the model in a big way and I would say they have about a month left then bankruptcy is in the cards. We’ve gotten our moneys worth out of it and frankly I expected this. It was just a matter of time. It was great while it lasted though!

I think I had about 4 movie rental places in my town at one point, now down to just one. Even it's not very busy

Movie theatre stays booked even in the middle of the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back