• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rememberence Day, This is my Father

1970GTX

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Just because it's Remembrance Day.
This is a picture of my Father. It was taken in 1941. He lied about his age so that he could get into the Canadian Navy. He was 17 years old. He went to the North Sea on a Frigate to fight the Nazis.
My father was 5' 8" tall. but he was huge in my eyes. Thanks for listening,
Dan

DSCN4157.jpg

thanks for sharing, thank him for his service... great sole, great man, truly a great generation !!

When there is serious trouble you find out who your friends really are. A big THANK YOU to your father and all Canadian Veterans on Remembrance Day.

He may have left this World, but he's never gone as long as we keep them in our memories and our hearts. That I do with my own dad too . . .

Thanks for sharing.

A lot of men in that generation lied about their age so they could enlist. They were proud men as you should be of your dad. TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED AND THOSE THAT STILL ARE. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good old Canadians, you've gotta be pretty proud. Those were the real men, laid it down when it really mattered.

Another one of the Greatest Generation. Thanks for telling us about your dad, Dan.

My late father-in-law was a seaplane pilot in WWII in the South Pacific. His nose gunner was 15! he used his brothers birth certificate to enlist.

Jeff

He was a HUGE MAN in my eyes....
Thank you for sharing this.

NOTE: "WE" are losing 1,000 WWII veterans per day!

Truly our "Greatest Generation" and in need of recognition.

A very brave young man. I salute him and all who stepped up to the plate. What an amazing generation.

Thanks 70GTX and thanks for your Dads service. I also want to thank our British Veterans and their fathers and grandfathers for their service. Hope you guys had a great Poppy Day!

Thanks 70GTX and thanks for your Dads service. I also want to thank our British Veterans and their fathers and grandfathers for their service. Hope you guys had a great Poppy Day!

Yes indeed! And The Aussies, Kiwis, and all our Allies.

Yes indeed! And The Aussies, Kiwis, and all our Allies.

Thanks and very good point sir. I concur. Maybe I should have said the common wealth but I'm no geopolitical expert by any means :)

I know there are members from other countries here as well and I include you in my well wishes but don't know your remembrance holidays or practices but well wishes all the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back