• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing double sided tape.

satman72

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure where to put this, and it's not a B Body, but I figure some of you fine folks will know.

Basically, I put wind deflectors on my '04 Durango. The two that were on the rear windows have blown off. Now, I have the remnants of the tape on the truck. I'm wondering what is the best way to get that stuff off of the paint?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

No, not yet.

I was/am worried about some of the solvent seeping into the window trim and hurting it.

or Gook B Gone..

LMFAO that only worked in Gran Torino

images.jpeg

I think you're thinking of goo-gone Paladin...it will work, not sure how it will react on paint though...

Goo gone won't touch paint wash off the goo gone with some soapy water it's a citrus based product.

Heat gun/blow dryer & acetone...Did it all the time with my very first job, detailing trade in's at a Dodge dealership. Great for removing old dealership stickers n' such. Don't hurt the paint.

Heat gun/blow dryer & acetone...Did it all the time with my very first job, detailing trade in's at a Dodge dealership. Great for removing old dealership stickers n' such. Don't hurt the paint.
Thank you, I was just about to say the same thing.

Goo-Gone. I swear by the stuff. I have used it on cars and bikes. Pretty much soaked my bike in it after pulling the 6000 deals off. That was 6+ years ago and the paint still looks great.
Like stated about just use some warm soapy water after and you'll never know it was there.

The goo gone stuff is good. I think it has naptha in it and does wonders on sticker goo. I have not seen it damage paint.

What if I aim it, just so the bullet grazes the foam tape & misses the paint?

Then you should go on the show Top Shot and use the prize money to build another car!! One free of sticky stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back