• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Renewing my U.S. visa.

coronet68mx

Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
I recognize that it was my fault not to renew my visa before, in my defense the document expired in October 2019, and then covid take over the world, all the appointments were canceled until further notice and when the embassy start again with the renewal, only two years expired without an interview, of course all the appointments were taken and now there's is a two year waiting for an interview for a new visa, I assume that because of the massive amount of expired documents the department of homeland security extend the term of renewal of expired visa up to four years, and since four years is next October for me I apply for renewal without an interview, only two months waiting period, you need to fulfill a form (DS -160) and here is my complaint what a pain that was, every five minutes the embassy webpage kick me out, took me 6 hours to complete the questionnaire, but I succeeded and my appointment is next moth ( August 18) in Guadalajara, so, if somebody spot me in the US next November and want to say hi, I am a legal visitor. :thumbsup:

I can say without hesitation that LEGAL visitors are welcome. These are clearly the type that want to visit and enjoy themselves without causing trouble.

I can say without hesitation that LEGAL visitors are welcome. These are clearly the type that want to visit and enjoy themselves without causing trouble.
Honestly I was resigned to not get a new visa, a two year waiting period is too much, but accidentally saw an add with this new four year without interview policy, told my wife and she was more happy then me, I do it for her.

Ancient proverb say "Man who get Visa no good at climbing wall." :lol:

Good on you Leon for doing it the right way. I hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:

Ancient proverb say "Man who get Visa no good at climbing wall." :lol:

Good on you Leon for doing it the right way. I hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:
:rofl:Noup never had the intention to go to work in the US. I got my visa the first time merely for tourism, once a year the wife like to go shopping and see the snow.

I recognize that it was my fault not to renew my visa before, in my defense the document expired in October 2019, and then covid take over the world, all the appointments were canceled until further notice and when the embassy start again with the renewal, only two years expired without an interview, of course all the appointments were taken and now there's is a two year waiting for an interview for a new visa, I assume that because of the massive amount of expired documents the department of homeland security extend the term of renewal of expired visa up to four years, and since four years is next October for me I apply for renewal without an interview, only two months waiting period, you need to fulfill a form (DS -160) and here is my complaint what a pain that was, every five minutes the embassy webpage kick me out, took me 6 hours to complete the questionnaire, but I succeeded and my appointment is next moth ( August 18) in Guadalajara, so, if somebody spot me in the US next November and want to say hi, I am a legal visitor. :thumbsup:
Hope to see you up my way.

hope it gets worked out for you. I know alot of good people that want to do it right and its a big pain in the butt.

Leon
I know first hand, that doing it the right way can and is a pain. The best thing, unlike me, you're not trying to get here to live, just visit. It will work out and let me be the first to say , welcome!!!...........Ulli

Leon
I know first hand, that doing it the right way can and is a pain. The best thing, unlike me, you're not trying to get here to live, just visit. It will work out and let me be the first to say , welcome!!!...........Ulli
Thanks Ulli, nice to hear from you again, you are one of the nicest guys around here, as I said never ever had the intention of leave where I live although I can't deny that some other members has offer me an sponsorship to go there, I think am a lucky guy and I have a nice life here in Mexico, my wife wants vto know another part of the US and she mentioned Boston

I live in Ontario, Canada. A few years ago I took an antique Dodge to Carlisle, and sold it. The way the red tape was, the buyer had to come to Canada to complete the sale and be the importer. This meant the buyer would have to have a passport, which he did not possess. Another American vendor at the car corral overheard what was going on. He said there was the option of applying for a North America passport, rather than an International one. This would get a person into Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean Islands from U.S.A., and was an easier process than full-blown International one. I am not sure whether this is an option for you. My buyer went the North American route, and had his passport in about 3 weeks.

You more than welcome to come here, but you better take me back with you.
As unaccompanied luggage, or carry-on?

I don't know if the over-head lockers will fit your frame size. :lol: And I don't want to be the one sitting underneath it when turbulence hits. :poke:

The appointment was the 18th and I went, how was it? Well the process itself was really quick, take a pic, and my ten finger print and that's it, it took about two hours in a waiting line, the hour of my appointment was 10:10 am show up an hour early , and of course people outside the building ask me for money if I want to enter sooner said no of course, the only thing I have to do that day is to renew my visa, so I wait and go for breakfast, in the restaurant share a table with a nice Colombian gentleman and have a delightful conversation, enter the bui6at 10 :20 am and that's it, now I have to wait two months to get my visa if everything is OK if it's not I have to schedule an appointment, I hope not because I always enter and leave the us without any issues.

Thanks Ulli, nice to hear from you again, you are one of the nicest guys around here, as I said never ever had the intention of leave where I live although I can't deny that some other members has offer me an sponsorship to go there, I think am a lucky guy and I have a nice life here in Mexico, my wife wants vto know another part of the US and she mentioned Boston
Bastin??? I used to live up that way and well, now I'm even closer to another big city of Houston and like Boston, I try NOT to ever go into the heart of the city. Yeah, even though there are nice things to see, I'd rather look at pictures of that. Head further up north and drive all over the states up north of Boston but if you really want to torture yourself, come to Houston! Give me a holler if you are ever this way but don't ask me to take ya to see the 'sites' of Houston. I can take you on a tour of all the refineries and chem plants around here. Even know some roads that cut through them that most people have no idea they are there except for the people that work there. :D

Bastin??? I used to live up that way and well, now I'm even closer to another big city of Houston and like Boston, I try NOT to ever go into the heart of the city. Yeah, even though there are nice things to see, I'd rather look at pictures of that. Head further up north and drive all over the states up north of Boston but if you really want to torture yourself, come to Houston! Give me a holler if you are ever this way but don't ask me to take ya to see the 'sites' of Houston. I can take you on a tour of all the refineries and chem plants around here. Even know some roads that cut through them that most people have no idea they are there except for the people that work there. :D
Ahh... jeez... thank you so much for the offer, to go to visit oil refineries and chemical plants it has been my dream since I was a kid :lol: now the idea of hidden roads sounds good though, if you own a General Lee AM IN !!!:drinks:

Ahh... jeez... thank you so much for the offer, to go to visit oil refineries and chemical plants it has been my dream since I was a kid :lol: now the idea of hidden roads sounds good though, if you own a General Lee AM IN !!!:drinks:
:rofl: How bout a 97 Dodge 2500 diesel extended cab with a straight pipe!? It's really not loud inside the cab..... :) Maybe I'll have my 66 Belvedere running by the time you get here. Well, only plan on having 2 seats in it....driver's side and shot gun side :D

Auto Transport Service
Back