• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

What car gods have you pissed off lately to have this run of bad luck? Hopefully it flips back the other way soon.
I don't know, maybe it's not luck but ignorance and incompetence "maybe". Good thing I always seem to look at things on the bright side, after all you can almost always find a bright side. I managed to pull the cam last night, depressing but went pretty quick and smooth, it looks perfect.

Gotta question for you guys, I'm cleaning up my vacuum hose mess and will be going to a vacuum solenoid to operate the headlight doors (only one visible hose and no more expensive headlight switch). I've been looking at 4X4 vacuum solenoids and EGR vacuum solenoids that would be auto part store available and want to find what would work best. With the 4X4 valve I'd have to run two, one to open and the other to close but I'd like to use one that does it all. Here's a few pics, the Nissan one has what looks like three ports so I was wandering if it had two functions meaning one would do it. Anybody have any idea's. egr valve.jpg4X4 vacuum solenoid.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've been MIA on my updates because #1 I'm waiting on another cam and lifters, #2 I've been trying to finish the wives car, #3 I went off and boogered my back up again. Only progress on the Charger has been muffler brackets "woopy". Good news is Comp stepped up and will be sending another cam and lifter set, a touch more aggressive and solid "no more @#%&$#$ ticking (well kinda)" also finished the Jeep tranny and got the money for my clear coat "I can smell the paint now". Not sure when I'll paint it, I still need to find someone to make the stencil for the Super bee style stripe and do a little work on the booth.

Gotta question for you guys, I'm cleaning up my vacuum hose mess and will be going to a vacuum solenoid to operate the headlight doors (only one visible hose and no more expensive headlight switch). I've been looking at 4X4 vacuum solenoids and EGR vacuum solenoids that would be auto part store available and want to find what would work best. With the 4X4 valve I'd have to run two, one to open and the other to close but I'd like to use one that does it all. Here's a few pics, the Nissan one has what looks like three ports so I was wandering if it had two functions meaning one would do it. Anybody have any idea's.
- - - Updated - - -

I've been MIA on my updates because #1 I'm waiting on another cam and lifters, #2 I've been trying to finish the wives car, #3 I went off and boogered my back up again. Only progress on the Charger has been muffler brackets "woopy". Good news is Comp stepped up and will be sending another cam and lifter set, a touch more aggressive and solid "no more @#%&$#$ ticking (well kinda)" also finished the Jeep tranny and got the money for my clear coat "I can smell the paint now". Not sure when I'll paint it, I still need to find someone to make the stencil for the Super bee style stripe and do a little work on the booth.

Sorry no suggestions on the vacuum switch options, but good luck with all that stuff you have going on... allot of irons in the fire so to speak... I have trouble with one project at a time anymore... My house keeps me pretty busy lately... I'm going to stop & just work on my RR exclusively, "very soon"

- - - Updated - - -

I know unfortunately, that's just a vial threat...LOL..

i have an extra factory vacuum switch ?
Thanks, but I really don't like all of the hoses going everywhere and want to clean it up. Thanks cdr

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry no suggestions on the vacuum switch options, but good luck with all that stuff you have going on... allot of irons in the fire so to speak... I have trouble with one project at a time anymore... My house keeps me pretty busy lately... I'm going to stop & just work on my RR exclusively, "very soon"

- - - Updated - - -

I know unfortunately, that's just a vial threat...LOL..

I don't know why I keep doing it, I always swear after finishing a job that I'm done "no more" but always end up taking on more "money". Hope you get your house all buttoned up and start a RR thread, I'll be waiting. Good luck

i have an extra factory vacuum switch ?

I might take you up on that Charlie! I gotta check and make sure I have everything I need first

And sorry to hear about the spot of bad luck 747, hope everythings going well with fixing up the pipes and shop. I'm also not sure on the vacuum solenoid but I would think that Nissan one would work.. :thinker: are you just gonna wire it to an auxillary on/off switch on the dash or somewhere? Hope you have better luck with the new cam and lifters, that's pretty cool that Comp are giving you such good customer service trying to get everything sorted out

I might take you up on that Charlie! I gotta check and make sure I have everything I need first

And sorry to hear about the spot of bad luck 747, hope everythings going well with fixing up the pipes and shop. I'm also not sure on the vacuum solenoid but I would think that Nissan one would work.. :thinker: are you just gonna wire it to an auxillary on/off switch on the dash or somewhere? Hope you have better luck with the new cam and lifters, that's pretty cool that Comp are giving you such good customer service trying to get everything sorted out
It's all good, things like that make you really appreciate the good times which I'm sure are about to come. Haven't fixed the pipe yet, for now I dug out around the corners of the garage to let it drain, to fix it right I'll have to cut the concrete "not a good idea with my motor opened up". As far as the headlight doors go, I'll tie the solenoid into the high and low beam wires with diodes to keep them from back feeding (solenoids usually only pull 1/2 an amp or so). I talked to Comp again, should be here by the weekend but this weekend is the Mopar Nats so might not have as much time as usual. Let me know if there is anything you want me to look for at the Nats "tons of goodies in the swap meat".

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a sign of my luck changing "maybe". My back has been giving me fits again (firewood again) but woke up this morning feeling great. So I go to work and noticed the bosses Jeep was there (I just finished rebuilding the tranny last weak) so I'm a little curious how it's working (it was a mess) I walk in and he greets me with a big grin. He says "like new" and hands me another wad of cash (he already paid me last week) WOW, I wish every paying costumer appreciated hard work like that. As you can imagine I went to the paint store on lunch break and bought my clear coat "that's it, I now have everything to paint it". The back has been great all day "maybe, just maybe".:hello2:

Update, just as I finished typing my last post the wife called, broke down on the side of the road with the kids "yippi". Idler pulley is gone and the belt looked like black spaggetti wrapped around everything. Nobody had the parts so I babied it home stopping three times in two miles to let it cool down. No biggie, just a damper on the mood.

That's a bummer. My wife told me this morning that the belt was squealing on her car too. I told her to take it do a guy that does my mechanicalwork when i'm gone and have the belt and pulley checked out.

I sure hope your luck starts going the other way bud, you sure deserve a break! The fire wood thing is head on hear as well, keeps ya busy and sore for sure and the last few mornings have helped in knowing its a work ive got to get done, cool out is ok though.. Good luck with all this!

I'm to the point where I'm just about to say to hell with burning wood. We heat with propane but have a 24X27 living room with a 20 ft ceiling (in the center) that I has a fireplace to help heat it. I love keeping it going all winter "nice and cozey" but don't want to risk boogering my back up "still trying to learn what I can do or not do". I took my splitting mull last time and busted up the heavy ones and still ended up all messed up so I guess I'm just going to have to except the fact that I'm a pussy now thanks to this back. All I can say is "don't ever take your health for granted", it can go to **** in a hurry. This has been really hard for me because I'm a workaholic and I can't work like I'm used to, at least working on the car gives me relief.DSCN8274.jpg

Last edited:
Ive said that a few times as well, and don't have near the space your speaking of, ive for the most part buy cut wood and just need to stack it on the porch's and cut some, spitting wood i gave up and hire some young gun now. i agree with the health thing and understand, its rough but its also easy to let yourself slip into a mess that you want to give up, don't let that happen, it isint worth the misery.
These old cars do tend to help, take our minds off things and work at our own pace, its a good therapy, so to speak.. I know words don't change the way we feel but i do hope things pick up for you and your back gets some better!

New cam and lifters came today so I'll likely put it back together tomorrow night. Never installed a solid lift cam except in my tractors but don't figure it will be any different, probably set the lash while the degree wheel is on to speed it up a bit. I also think I found someone to make the masking for the Bee style rump stripe, once I have it it will just be a matter of going back over it again and then paint "finally". There is one other issue one of may be able to help with and that is the trim clip locations for the rear window, I put full quarters on and the originals were so bad that I couldn't get most of the measurements from them. Did I mention my wife hit a deer with the Aspen yesterday "that's three for three" she's hit a deer with every car she's had since we were married haha. No biggie, cracked the grill. I was thinking about putting deer whistles on her cars but it developed an exhaust leak so maybe I'll go one better and make it sound like it has a Hemi now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive said that a few times as well, and don't have near the space your speaking of, ive for the most part buy cut wood and just need to stack it on the porch's and cut some, spitting wood i gave up and hire some young gun now. i agree with the health thing and understand, its rough but its also easy to let yourself slip into a mess that you want to give up, don't let that happen, it isint worth the misery.
These old cars do tend to help, take our minds off things and work at our own pace, its a good therapy, so to speak.. I know words don't change the way we feel but i do hope things pick up for you and your back gets some better!

No worries Ron, not giving up just gotta figure out a better way. I've been thinking about building a log splitter on the nose of my Ferguson that can be ran up and down and paying a logger to just drop off the logs. I honestly feel 100% healthy doing anything until I over do it and then it's miserable. Your right on with the therapy "I go nuts if I don't get my Charger time on the weekends" sense of accomplishment and relaxing as well.

I don't remember seeing that picture the last time i was here man, You have a beautiful home 747, that is a lot of space to keep warm, We don't have a fire place hear although i can open the door and place a screen in it when we like the atmosphere, winter wiener roasts with marshmallows lol.. My grand daughter introduced me to "Spores" if im saying that right one night at our fire pit, graham crackers with hot marshmallows and chocolate melted between them, new to me anyway but heck, im sold im not supposed to eat that kind of stuff but cant let my girl down right? :) besides, they were good! lol
Glad to hear the Charger gives you that added smile! I have to start on my 69, i am working out a few problems myself and working on getting real busy if things stand well, school will be starting soon and that will help give me the garage time anyway when im able.. Get to feeling better!!! :)

Best of luck on the cam install. Hope it works out well for you. Nothing like the sound of a solid lifter cam engine. Hopefully you at least got some venison out of the the deer strike.

I don't remember seeing that picture the last time i was here man, You have a beautiful home 747, that is a lot of space to keep warm, We don't have a fire place hear although i can open the door and place a screen in it when we like the atmosphere, winter wiener roasts with marshmallows lol.. My grand daughter introduced me to "Spores" if im saying that right one night at our fire pit, graham crackers with hot marshmallows and chocolate melted between them, new to me anyway but heck, im sold im not supposed to eat that kind of stuff but cant let my girl down right? :) besides, they were good! lol
Glad to hear the Charger gives you that added smile! I have to start on my 69, i am working out a few problems myself and working on getting real busy if things stand well, school will be starting soon and that will help give me the garage time anyway when im able.. Get to feeling better!!! :)
"Smore's" Love em. Your correct, I couldn't find the pic when I made the post so I added it later. Feeling much better already (hanging upside down like a bat seams to help). Take care Ron

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck on the cam install. Hope it works out well for you. Nothing like the sound of a solid lifter cam engine. Hopefully you at least got some venison out of the the deer strike.
Nope, hit and run. Looks like I'll still have to get the bow out here pretty soon "bow season is around the corner".

index.php

index.php

index.php

- - - Updated - - -

index.php

index.php

- - - Updated - - -

THE extra clip between 6.25 & 4.25 is a glass support clip

- - - Updated - - -

index.php

DSCN8290.jpgDSCN8286.jpgDSCN8276.jpgDSCN8277.jpgDSCN8281.jpgDSCN8275.jpgThanks cdr, that will help. If you could, would you give me the measurements for the top "really hard to make out". I hope they sell a kit with all of the parts so I don't have to buy all the individual parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't get what I wanted done tonight but did get what I expected done "Mopar Nats in the morning can't stay up to late". Cam, lifters, pushrods and rockers all cleaned, oiled and installed, tomorrow night I'll degree it and hopefully have it all back together. I figured while the radiator was out I'd shoot a pic of the Dixie horns, come with a single bolt hole that lets them go all over the place so I machined an aluminum bracket with pockets "not moving", can't see them when it's all put together. I know allot of you hate hearing General Lee from people when referring to your Charger but I'm sorry I love that horn and it puts a huge smile on my daughters face (Dukes fan). Also got my muffler brackets done last week, not super happy with the rear bracket but can't find anywhere else to support the inside of the mufflers so they don't sag (good thing I fabbed a second exhaust bracket while I was at it, mine was a 318 car). After pulling the valve covers so many times I finally got sick of fighting the two outside bolts (not much room for a 7/16 socket with these thick valve covers) so I made a set of T handle nuts. That's it

from right to left the tape end is in line with the sail panel top edge,3,,,,,9 3/4,,,16 3/4,,,,21

- - - Updated - - -

yes they sell a kit

- - - Updated - - -

front http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000045A
rear 1000045B REVEAL CLIP SET REAR 68-70 CHARGER

REAR ONLY

Thanks again cdr, I'll have to get them ordered.

Auto Transport Service
Back