• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ride height help 73 Charger

KramerSwinger

Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
My 73 Charger has had air shocks in it for as long as I can remember. I don’t know what stock ride height looks like because the car has always had a rake. Currently I run 245/60/14 rear tires. With about 40psi, the car has a slight rake and I can fit about 3 or 4 fingers between the tire and the wheel lip.

I want to eliminate the air shocks, and I’m also upgrading the wheel/tire to a 295/50/15. I know firm feel and Detroit spring both do custom arch.

How much higher than stock ride height would I need to fit the bigger tires? Would 2” be enough to safely clear?

I’ve been given to understand that in order to fit a 295/59/15 rear, I need 5.5” BS, longer lug studs (allegedly,2003 Jeep Liberty studs work) and 5/16” spacers. I’ve also heard that to fit a 245/60/15 front tire, I need 4.5 BS and 7/32” spacers. Is all of that true, or can I safely get away without the spacers and jeep lugs?

Thanks!

my 74 Cordoba was equipped with 20 inch rims, 40 series tires in the rear and 50 series tires in teh front when I purchased the vehicle. Removed to install 15x7. Basically found 1" spacer in the front and 21/4" spacer in the rear. Air shocks in the rear to maintain height. Spacer were adapter plates requiring no changes in Mopar mounting hardware. Ride height or rubbing was not an issue. Cordoba and 73 charger are the same body frame and suspension.

cordoba driveway 2.jpg cordoba driveway.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back