• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip Gulf Coast to NorCal

Well, we are planning on driving to PA "sometime soon" to visit my parents and Texas is on the way.

Rudy's is sort of a chain of gas stations with a BBQ attached.... Not the absolute best BBQ I've had better... But I've had much worse too... Rudy's is probably in the top 10%

I guess we have the SUNSHINE tax here.
The bums need free needles and health care, right?

Rudy's is definitely the or one of the best BBQ places I've ever been, and I like their sauce. Got some to bring home!

Didn't know how the locals rate it... Waiting for someone from Texas to inform us that it's hog feed... First time I was in Katy the guy I was with suggested a BBQ that he'd read about.. Honestly it was nasty... Bottom 5% IMO but the Yelp rating was 5 stars...

Didn't know how the locals rate it... Waiting for someone from Texas to inform us that it's hog feed... First time I was in Katy the guy I was with suggested a BBQ that he'd read about.. Honestly it was nasty... Bottom 5% IMO but the Yelp rating was 5 stars...
My wife lived in San Antonio for about 10 years and when we went on a trip to the "Hill Country" she insisted that Rudy's was a must and one of the things she missed the most when she moved back to Louisiana. I can understand why.

Well, we are planning on driving to PA "sometime soon" to visit my parents and Texas is on the way.
It's nice to meet members travelling through. Although, Dennis was the first. I see your route takes you along I-40 through Oklahoma. Give me a shout when you're in my neck of the woods. Even if you just have time to say hello for a meal or for fuel. I'm flexible.

9B87101B-2C08-4210-8470-1714AF093136.jpeg
Yes. Great food. Been there several times. You would never thing a gas station would serve great food.
We are here.

You are here:
Screenshot_20191023-105215_Maps.jpg

Almost seems too soon to be back in Cali.
Still, the break was over for me 10 days ago. Great trip Dennis!
Any other noteworthy stops before you hit the front door?

It's nice to meet members travelling through. Although, Dennis was the first. I see your route takes you along I-40 through Oklahoma. Give me a shout when you're in my neck of the woods. Even if you just have time to say hello for a meal or for fuel. I'm flexible.

I'll keep that in mind.

Good news. We are not in Yosemite or on 99 south. Bad news is the second fuel pump quit. Got as far as Manteca on 120. 2,934 trip miles.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back