• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip Gulf Coast to NorCal

Just pulled into the Hampton, Flagstaff. Nice. $96 with all the added crap. Linda said the tee pees smelled like Lysol.

You'll have to stay at the one in San Bernardino too. The family stayed there a few years ago. Really enjoyed and the owner is very nice.

The one photo with the old cars still there reminds me of the Eagles hit song Hotel California.

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

c66318d5-c506-49ac-b7a3-44fead3cd676-jpeg.jpg

2E831235-B438-4146-98D9-68E689B3C795.jpeg
These breakfast areas in Hotels vary a lot. A lot of knucklehead travelers come in and lay down their iPhone to hold a table while getting food. Very trusting.

14BDF4D8-ABE3-47DF-8D5E-DC7393FA9C6B.jpeg
Monday morning surprise. Dramatic temp change? Dropped into the 20’s. Wiped it, snugged it, and will watch. Barely measurable at cap.

Good to keep an eye on it. Probably not an issue after tightening.

Nice, clean, strong mix ya got there Dennis.
I'll have a fresh mix in the Roadrunner and GTO soon when I replace the radiators.
Great updates, and your meticulous attention to the status of your car is inspiring. She is well cared for.

View attachment 853691 Monday morning surprise. Dramatic temp change? Dropped into the 20’s. Wiped it, snugged it, and will watch. Barely measurable at cap.
No matter how hard I tried to fix a lower drip like that was to use another clamp along with the one that's already there. Kinda like makin a band clamp. No one really sees it unless it's on a lift. Good Luck

I would not have wanted to do it as our parents did: in the summer, no air conditioning, and 3-6 restless youngins in the car with shrew-sized bladders asking, "Are we there yet?"

Leaving Flagstaff with the coolant drip, I asked Linda to keep an eye on the coolant temp on the Pro Flo tablet screen. Normally the Stant Superstat 180 has the engine come up to operating temp quick. Sort of spikes to 181, then settles down to 170 or lower. Asked her to let me know if it reaches 190, high for conditions and ambient temps. She read it off blow by blow. 179, 180, 181, ONE EIGHTY TWO!!!!!! Jesus Chrysler. It settled down to 175. No leaks.

EDC06B4B-C933-4F1B-9813-11DE9B991E5D.jpeg
BC574C05-4899-407F-9F89-7B8FC027D7CE.jpeg
BAEB9E44-0160-43F1-836B-DDF30D3584FA.jpeg
8D91BAE6-3DA7-43B2-B531-24F3FF74D937.jpeg
Laughlin, and Colorado River Cruise to Davis Dam. Beautiful. Staying at the Pioneer. Linda hates it. I like that the Cowboy on the sign still has a cigarette in his mouth and has not been “cleaned up” by the libs. First pic the water Taxi. God Bless the USA.

Auto Transport Service
Back