• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip Gulf Coast to NorCal

Edelbrock is not responsible for anything behind my firewall. EFI problems are almost always fuel delivery. EVERYONE I know with EFI has had pump, tank, or fuel delivery related issues.

just saw this thread Dennis. Count me as one of those too. I put a carb on the Daughters Duster.

A01767A8-7407-4876-8060-28D0C3EDAA10.jpeg

8F03FBF4-D10F-48BC-B747-1F87BF3E9C0E.jpeg
9F43D41D-CB2F-4F01-B5F3-7B36DF4AC245.jpeg
In the home stretch. Now, Linda can relax.
Not so fast. We are near Convict Lake. 427 miles, highest mileage day. Cruise 82 most times. Over 8000 feet too.
Lee Vining now, Lake View #54. Started tapping about 1 mile from here. Oil pressure good. Sounds like the tap when I broke the rod showing off. If I open the QTP’s just a bit, you can’t hear it. Maybe it will ride up with wear overnight.

Last edited:
By the way, fluck Ludlow, California.

Last edited:
View attachment 854325 View attachment 854326
Not so fast. We are near Convict Lake. 427 miles, highest mileage day. Cruise 82 most times.
Lee Vining now, Lake View #54. Started tapping about 1 mile from here. Oil pressure good. Sounds like the tap when I broke the rod showing off. If I open the QTP’s just a bit, you can’t hear it. Maybe it will ride up with wear overnight.
I was there when the pushrod broke. That was a great burn out. Thanks for the memories.

6005EE50-5632-4260-840A-EFA5B3ED607B.jpeg
Bug screen did its job. Comes off tomorrow. Gonna tap our way...to San Jose.

Hey don’t look now but the gov is looking into the high gas prices in CA. We pay well over $1 in gas tax per gallon. Thx Gov.....

Since you're in Lee Vining, you MUST stop at the "Whoa Nellie Deli" (Mobile Gas Station) for breakfast, lunch or dinner....seriously.

Maybe. That’s the place on the left at the ascent to Yosemite. Thinking a beverage on the patio at the Ahwanee.

Auto Transport Service
Back