• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RobbMc starter

This is directly off the TTI website with reference to the 440-218 headers on my 440 "(11" Flywheel must use a RobbMc Performance starter #3005)".
If an 11 inch flywheel is moving my starter 1/2 outboard as opposed to a 10 1/2 inch flywheel then this may be the reason I require the RobbMc starter.

If an 11 inch flywheel is moving my starter 1/2 outboard as opposed to a 10 1/2 inch flywheel then this may be the reason I require the RobbMc starter.
Now we're getting somewhere! Thinking 4th dimensionally! :thumbsup:

Now we're getting somewhere! Thinking 4th dimensionally! :thumbsup:
May be getting closer to understanding why however ordered a Gen 2 RobbMc on Friday and so far am at $630 CAD, once the starter crosses the border add another 12% and whatever brokerage fees there are. Without brokerage fees I am a bit over $700 CAD for a damn starter.

May be getting closer to understanding why however ordered a Gen 2 RobbMc on Friday and so far am at $630 CAD, once the starter crosses the border add another 12% and whatever brokerage fees there are. Without brokerage fees I am a bit over $700 CAD for a damn starter.
I'm pretty chintzy, would have looked real hard at banging out the header or a header spacer

I'm pretty chintzy, would have looked real hard at banging out the header or a header spacer
1710715805905.png

1710715840869.jpeg

Another classic case of "We could have found the problem sooner with some photos of the affected area" syndrome. :rolleyes:

Headers may be the problem, and the starter maybe the only one that fits this application....but without showing us the area in question, you're only going to get wild stabs in the dark as far as assistance goes.

The trouble with that is even with hammering the header and or using a header spacer none of the OEM Mopar starters would fit as they are not clock able and say with a Dakota starter the solenoid would still hit the pipe(s). Spacing out the header would also mean the collector would not line up with the exhaust pipes. I think a lot of hammering would have to be to to get the solenoid far enough from the pipe(s) to avoid the heat from frying the solenoid. Best scenario would be if the idiot who built the car would have read the TTI website and installed the correct header.

Not apples to apples but my Hemi with a 5 speed and TTI 2 1/8 headers the Mopar or Dakota mini fits just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back