• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roof rail placement ?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to place the roof rail weather strip channel? It is adjustable side ways and I'm starting from scratch. I have the FSM but, as usual, no mention of factory base adjustment. What have other members found to guide them in total reassembly of side glass and weather strips? Thanks!
Mike

Since I got no responses, I went ahead with the assembly. I found, in my car that the channel needed to be placed in the outboard position to get the glass to engage properly with the weatherstrip. At the same time the glass up and down stops need to be set, the glass runs also need to be adjusted to line up the top edge with the weatherstrip. This needs to be after the vent window assembly is set to a proper height and distance from the A pillar. Lots of trial and error in this operation!
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back