• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust in Gas...HELP!

That's what I chose to do. I removed my coronet gas tank. Poured out a nice 5 gallon bucket of red gas followed by huge chunks of rust. Ordered up an new galvanized tank and stainless steel sending unit. Put new gas lines and even added a return line with a vapor separator. If you plan on running a big block or stroker motor in the near future, go for a 3/8 gas line. Assume that you'll need a new grommet (filler neck), they get hard and brittle . I vote new, no doubt...:headbang:

I just did the same myself. Yesterday morning I went ahead and ordered a new tank from Vansauto (thanks for the tip Red 69 Runner) and I just received my new filler neck grommet and sending unit. I think that tank would be worth salvaging only if there weren't reproduction tanks being made for a reasonable price.

That's what I chose to do. I removed my coronet gas tank. Poured out a nice 5 gallon bucket of red gas followed by huge chunks of rust. Ordered up an new galvanized tank and stainless steel sending unit. Put new gas lines and even added a return line with a vapor separator. If you plan on running a big block or stroker motor in the near future, go for a 3/8 gas line. Assume that you'll need a new grommet (filler neck), they get hard and brittle . I vote new, no doubt...:headbang:

Where did you run the return line to in the system that you added on?

Auto Transport Service
Back