• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RUST PROOF SOUND DEADNING

72satteldog

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
So i'm prepping front fenders on my 72 satellite, i'm finding what looks to be undercoating or rustproofing on the inside of fenders, I'm cleaning off and sanding clean to prep, i'm wondering is this factory and if not what are you guys using on the insides of fenders other then painting? I know you won't see it but i'm trying to keep it as close to factory as possible, thanks in advance for any response moparheads:thankyou:

Some was factory
Some was dealer
And some was customer/aftermarket done. Hard to say. The build sheet, if you have it, may say.

I would paint your fenders inside and out and then re-install undercoating when done. Prevents rocks from hitting and spider cracking the paint from the bottom side. Also draws the eyes away from that area too, and depending on what colour your car is can be a good thing.

I used the spay can stuff. I went over what was there.

0111211034.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back