• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RV / Camper thread

1968_Roadrunner

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been done...but I want to see everyones RV's / campers. I'm getting spring fever!

Last summer in the Badlands, SD.
038.jpg

008.jpg

Loaded with the wheelers and ready to go!
Camper.jpg

Loaded up with the boat!
withboat.jpg

I buy and sell RV's for Camping World in Chattanooga, Tn. If anyone needs any help with anything RV related just call 877-296-2017 and ask for Jack.

I do things on the cheap.

12X12 Easy-Up awning.

Back my 78 4X4 Little Red Express under it. It has a Roll Top bed cover on it to secure everything.

Unload a fold out table, 33 gallon water tank that is mounted on a partial sheet of plywood with a 12 volt demand pump bolted on it, lawn chairs, turkey deep frier, little weber grille, big ice cooler full of food and drinks, a few plastic milk crates full of paper plates, silverware, utensils, etc.

I have an air bed that blows up with 110v. power provided by a Power to Go inverter that plugs into my cigar lighter and I then have a comfy queen side bed that I can use in the back of the truck or on the ground.

The water tank is black plastic and the water gets very warm in the sun. If it is not warm enough I use LP fired turkey deep frier that heats the water. The base of the frier serves as a cook stove as well.

I bungey cord a plastic awning in the rear corner of the inside of the Easy-Up awning and run a shower hose with shower head into it. The supply side of the demand pump is in either the water tank or big turkey frier vat for hot showers. I have flat plastic 2X2 crate that I confiscated from behind a grocery story to keep my feet out of the sand. I run heavy gauge wires from the truck battery to the the 12v. demand pump.

I have the entire back end of the awning area for cooking and bathing with hot water. There is pleny of room to back the truck under the awning in case of rain. If it gets cold or windy I can run plastic awnings around the sides of the Easy-Up. Easy-Up sells a side kit also.

In the past I have had all different types of camping/RV equipment from tents to motor homes. I find this set up to suite my needs just fine and I don't have to have a lot of extra room to store an RV. In fact, I can keep everything on the truck unless I want to haul something with the truck in which case it doesn't take long to unload it.

I can pull up and be unloaded and set up to cook and bathe in less than 30 minutes.

696 sounds like a sweet set up for a single guy. I don't think I could fit the 3 kids and 2 dogs and the wife in that! Lol

Yeah...where are the motorhomes?

696 sounds like a sweet set up for a single guy. I don't think I could fit the 3 kids and 2 dogs and the wife in that! Lol

Yeah...where are the motorhomes?

It will sleep two comfortably, but yes, it is not for a family.

Nothing wrong with motorhomes, trailers, tow haulers, etc. You have to go with what fits your needs.

I had a really sweet 24' Winnabago Warrior rear bedroom that would sleep up to a family of 6. Small enough that if you wanted to drive it to work you could find parking without too much trouble.

I am trying to simplify my life. Once I get all of my property sold I expect to only live in the states about 3 months per year and need to down size where ever possible.

I am planning on going to Costa Rica, buy a big boat to live on/run some tours off of.

The only pictures I have are of my truck but not set up while camping.

Attachments

• LRT4.jpg
    LRT4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 252
  • LRT5.jpg
    LRT5.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 254
  • LRT.jpg
    LRT.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 255
  • LRT2.jpg
    LRT2.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 254
  • LRT3.jpg
    LRT3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 241
My favorite toy hauler.

Petty-2.jpg

My older brother's toy hauler/RV 5.9 1ton

Mike2.jpg

Upgraded Handling Package Dually Rear Bar

SwayBar-1.jpg

Sweet Lil Red Express! I have always wanted one of those! I like the STP truck also...now THAT's a toy hauler! Lol

Got a 40 foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler. Use it most of the time to go out to the Glamis sand dunes but also for car shows and races.

Attachments

• 100_5136.jpg
    100_5136.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_5135.jpg
    100_5135.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 000_0017.jpg
    000_0017.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 306
Yes, the camping trips are fun, but take away from cruisin :icon_hang: I try to plan a couple big events for car stuff and a couple for camping. sometimes Ill be sittin at a campground stewing about missing a show or something but then we break out the food, and drinks start flowing and its all good......camping,cars and sunshine man I LOVE SUMMER.

Attachments

• misc,car, work 038.jpg
    misc,car, work 038.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 265
  • misc,car, work 063.jpg
    misc,car, work 063.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 302
Lol! I have seen that video before. I bet that is a little easier on gas than the Hemi Mega Cab! I'll take 2!

I do believe the MegaCab is a better tool for the job.....brakes, suspension, hauling capacity, safety, A/C, etc, etc.
Your starter has more torque!

And can't forget looks.

Auto Transport Service
Back