• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacramento Autorama

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Here we go.....

Sacramento Autorama - Rod Shows

Our Sacramento based Mopar club will have a display there. I'm bringing Jigsaw and Ginger in a sort of "Before and after" display.

IMG_3850.JPG

I'll clean and detail Ginger, the red car. Jigsaw will remain ratty.

Come on out.....Next weekend, April 28-30.

My buddy Bill will have his 69 Roadrunner Vert there....

IMG_6163.jpg

A guy down these parts did one like that - same coluor....about 35 years ago.
Cool! FWIW Bill's was originally that color, supposed to be the only 69 Roadrunner Vert originally painted Petty blue so if the guy from down in your part of the world has another original Petty Blue Vert that would be cool to know about..

Thing is Petty blue was never a big selling color, in fact it was a 99 code paint... Plymouth only offered it because The King drove Plymouths... But....

On November 25th 1968, Petty announced to the press that, after ten years with Plymouth, Petty Enterprises would be switching to Ford for 1969.

And Plymouth immediately dropped the color..

In a moment of dumbshittery, I painted my '67 Dart that color.....

Blue Dart.JPG

I thought that I would like it. I did not. What looks good on one car may not look right on another.

Cool! FWIW Bill's was originally that color, supposed to be the only 69 Roadrunner Vert originally painted Petty blue so if the guy from down in your part of the world has another original Petty Blue Vert that would be cool to know about..

Thing is Petty blue was never a big selling color, in fact it was a 99 code paint... Plymouth only offered it because The King drove Plymouths... But....

On November 25th 1968, Petty announced to the press that, after ten years with Plymouth, Petty Enterprises would be switching to Ford for 1969.

I'm pretty sure it was painted that colour - non-factory ....suspect it was the famous green to begin with.

My buddy Bill will have his 69 Roadrunner Vert there....

View attachment 1453936
Is that the same 1 of 1 (in options) Petty Blue special 99 - paint coded car/RR on
'Ride of your life' (Courtney Hansen)
with the autistic kid & his father owned it, sold it & then got it back
after someone (the person they sold it to) donated it to Royal Garage for the build
seen on Motortrend TV
(I don't like that show much, at all, it's a really bad show... but that car is cool)
Saw them reveal it at LVMS...
The kid was excited for sure...

not 100% sure about the back story, it was for Reality TV after all

Last edited:

68 Roadrunner Advert. #1 Missing Link.jpg

Move in day!
This car got there fine:

2 Chargers E (2).jpg

This one overheated.

2 Chargers E (3).jpg

On the freeway, the gauge pegged. My buddy pulled off and into a gas station. It was puking into the overflow jug in a violent manner.
It took quite a while to cool down. Once it was safe to pull the radiator cap off, we did. The gas station hose flowed like a 90 year old man with prostate trouble. When it was cooled down to just to the left of center on the gauge....

Gauge 31.jpg

...We proceeded to the venue. The short time idling in line spiked the temp again. Something is amiss. Blocked thermostat? Seized thermostat?
The hoses are good. The belt is tight, the fan pulls air. My thought is that if a car overheats despite adequate air flow, there must be a blockage in coolant flow. We parked the cars in our assigned places and left the building.
The show starts on Friday so I'm going back tomorrow to wipe down the red car (Ginger) and work on Jigsaw. Hopefully it is something simple.

Is that the same 1 of 1 (in options) Petty Blue special 99 - paint coded car/RR on
'Ride of your life' (Courtney Hansen)
with the autistic kid & his father owned it, sold it & then got it back
after someone (the person they sold it to) donated it to Royal Garage for the build
seen on Motortrend TV
(I don't like that show much, at all, it's a really bad show... but that car is cool)
Saw them reveal it at LVMS...
The kid was excited for sure...

not 100% sure about the back story, it was for Reality TV after all
There's a lot to that story that isn't exactly correct but yeah, it's Bill's car & his son Luke is autistic & has been through a battle with leukemia..

Opening day!

763F2310-D772-4A29-9D4B-3D488B0D4052.jpeg

Very nice ‘66 Plymouth.

44E82497-1BC8-47FC-9EF6-52B299D5FB9D.jpeg

Here is a nice Duster that is local. Strange that he has yet to bring the car to our show since we hold it in the town that he is from.

85FCBBD4-3E9C-4073-B06E-4F534513F84B.jpeg
FCCD2F79-2981-408C-B13A-746AF239540E.jpeg

This Coronet is owned by a local guy. He has brought it to our show a few times. Very clean car.

5947C322-B562-46A2-ACA2-361ECAC2A7E7.jpeg

They had a cool scale model display.

9BA3A91B-16C5-4AC7-B153-3F4F4BE7D5C2.jpeg

ECD2B62C-1385-41C8-886F-ECD9BB18AB01.jpeg

3CB776B0-A20E-4813-8A91-AC314543FD9E.jpeg

The place was a ghost town. Hardly anyone was there. That is great for those that don't like crowds but not so good for those that run the show.

Last edited:
That is kind of you to say.
I haven't been able to bring my own car to our show in many years. I've been tasked with hauling stuff to the show and have had to drive the truck for at least 10 years.

Well, that's a shame, but very commendable that you're willing to put aside your own enjoyment to help with the show's needs, as you know, a lot of people wouldn't do that. Hopefully, you can take it there this year for one last hurrah before you move. Anyway, that is a really nice looking Duster.

Auto Transport Service
Back