• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad days for Mopar s

Fix em up just to **** em up, that makes sense!

I wish I had a pic...I remember a story about a Colorado State Patrol car that wrecked in the mid-'70s - a new Plymouth Gran Fury. It was pursuing a car, and the cop skidded off the roadway off an embankment over one hundred feet down, at over 85 mph. The car never touched the embankment and hit the gully below. Supposedly, the cop survived the wreck with just a broken arm and a bunch of cuts. Can't verify the story, unfortunately. I'd love to get hold of a picture of the car.

Dale, You do know you can do up-to 10 photos in each post ?
right

sad for them poor unfortunate owners, what a waste of good iron

I'd assume some were stupidity too

Last edited:
Look like old accident investigation pics, or insurance pics.
A few look like they were hit by a train. RIP.

Dale, You do know you can do up-to 10 photos in each post ?
right

sad for them poor unfortunate owners, what a waste of good iron

I'd assume some were stupidity too
forgot about the paper shortage

My contribution......
Scan0022.jpg

Sad to view these with the fate of some of those. Makes me think back to my youngster days in my ’70 Cuda and ’67 GTO – how many times I could a totaled them and/or be dead or maimed. Wasn’t by skill…likely more to do with good luck and maybe a guardian angel thankfully putting in some OT for my sorry ***.

Two guys died in this one.
Lost my first car (73 charger) to a drunk in a 69 caddy this exact same way. Although heartbroken at the loss, I thank God to this day that my girl was alone in the car. Had I been driving with her at my side I always believed we would both have perished. (She made a full recovery.)
Posts #24, 25

There but for the grace of God.... God rest their souls.

That could have been any of us. I'm sure we have all done some crazy stunts and look back I say, WTF was I thinking!
I remember the amped up feeling...
The sound, the smell, the power, add testosterone, great music and a few beers.
Thank God I am still here.

Auto Transport Service
Back