• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored some new "old" fenders for my 71

Rolling Thunder

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Scored a beautiful pair of rust free fenders for my 71 Charger yesterday. Was talking to a mopar buddy of mine about how rusty mine were and he says "I think I have a good pair somewhere"...True to moparphile standards of hoarding we found this set along with about 3 other sets that he said "didn't realize I had that many!" Thanks for the great deal Steve!

Figured I'd start from the front and work my way back :icon_cheers:

Original fenders LOOKED solid at first but found the bulge on the ds's top area above the headlights was a bondo plug that revealed a LARGE rusty hole small animals could crawl out of....and the ps's fender dogleg was the same and with a little prodding dissintegrated into dust up about 10 inches...nice.

IMG_20101025_072546.jpg

DS FENDER.jpg

PS FENDER.jpg

Thanks Detmatt, it's amazing how some rust free sheetmetal takes me to a happy place.

fenders

Nice looking fenders. My original Wisconsin charger could realy use a set of front fenders. If your friend would be interested in selling another pair I would be interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back