• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scuba diving

aceofspades

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Any scuba divers in the house?

I'm open water certified and dive at Pennyroyal Scuba Center in Hopkinsville Ky. It's an old rock quarry that filled up after two natural springs were hit in the 80s.

We just went last month in the Bahamas with Fratzog lover and his wife. My wife and I are going next month to another Bahamas dive and in June, to Aruba.

DSC01409.JPG

Okay....how many jokes from the bottom picture?.........

I was certified many, many moons ago, but haven't dove in a long time. Just sold my gear as a mater of fact.
Dove the caves in Crystal River Fla., Hawaii (Maui, Honolulu & Lahina), Tahiti, Bonair and the sunken Japanese fleet of Truk Lagoon (now called Chuuk) in the Eastern Carolina Is..

Master Diver here - besides the many certifications you have to have I'm a certified ice diver and rescue diver. Been diving all over Asia, Mexico, Bermuda - and many others. The best place I've been is Boracay in the Philippines. They have an underwater mountain there that is said to be among the most technical dives in the world. Shark infested but beautiful. The most challenging dives have been in the Rocky Mountains in the dead of winter. Never used a dry suit always went in my wet suit. I could tell you some stories...... no way to get out but the way you went in. Do not get lost under the ice......

Great sport!

Been certified about 40 years, back in the 60-ft, 60 min era. Here is a photo I took a number of years back in St. Thomas of my dive guide and guest, resting on a wreck. Now a days I mainly free dive for Abalone, with an actual tank dive every few years. I did snorkel in Iceland last year. Cold....

Dan

Day 8 St Thomas_0478Dive Camera_01.JPG

Divemaster, Master Diver, Wreck, Deep Air, Nitrox, & few other NAUI certs. TDI Mixed Gas Diver #006. Just a bit obsessed I guess.

Last edited:
I am a retired scuba instructor. Have rescue diver and a few other certifications as well.

I quit teaching about 18 years ago due to the insurance risks. You definitely don't teach scuba for the money!

Still love to dive, but don't get much time for it lately...

Another one here..many certifications.. Unfortunately haven't taken the giant stride in several years! Not good!

Some great pics above! I'll look through my stuff and post if can find any..

IMG_0025.JPG

Here is my wife taking the plunge at Pennekamp (Key Largo FL). Bad weather but great diving! Loved all the barracudas there (until this trip, I had been afraid of getting bitten by barracudas). We're both NAUI advanced and Nitrox divers and I have a wreck cert too. We especially love diving the warm waters - anywhere in the world. My dream is to do the Aussie Great Barrier Reef one day (except for the box jelly fish thing).

As my username implies, I like to step into the drink every now and then! Public Safety Scuba Instructor here...I love recreational diving, hell I think I hit my first 100 dives in less than a year, but doesn't seem like I ever have time any more. I'm about 2 1/2 hours north of Mermet Springs (Metropolis, Il) if you ever wanna have a B-Body dive day!

As my username implies, I like to step into the drink every now and then! Public Safety Scuba Instructor here...I love recreational diving, hell I think I hit my first 100 dives in less than a year, but doesn't seem like I ever have time any more. I'm about 2 1/2 hours north of Mermet Springs (Metropolis, Il) if you ever wanna have a B-Body dive day!

Ah Mermet. I rode there once with the owner of PSC to pick some equipment up. Nice place.

Auto Transport Service
Back