• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second generation Charger survival rate?

Unfortunately I don't have many photos of the number 7) 70 Charger R / T originally a plum crazy purple California car. It is in the foreground of the Daytona stock car picture up on the lift. The car is the black primered car next to my white car up on the scissor lift as well.
20180617_130448.jpg
20191103_132110.jpg

Like I mentioned. I haven't given up on it yet. I made him an offer but he wants 3 times what I offered. I am afraid to move it as it may break or crumble while transporting.
A lot of cars are not worth the reality of saving. You explained this reality. Sounds like, you need to accept it. To me, a car that is not realistically restorable isn’t worth a couple grand. Let alone what people try to get for some of these cars. Otherwise, they would have been long gone. Someone, would have plucked that car. Even at a high price. Sounds like the type of car that needs to be forgotten about.

Last edited:
I wish there was a 1969 Charger registry. I think there is one for the 500’s but not my non R/T model.

There is a 69 Dodge Charger registry, check on Dodge Charger. Com. There is also a 68 and 70 Charger registry as well. The Charger 500 registry is fairly new.

There is a 69 Dodge Charger registry, check on Dodge Charger. Com. There is also a 68 and 70 Charger registry as well. The Charger 500 registry is fairly new.
I think I found one last night but it didn’t look like it was maintained in anyway and there was no data that I could find. Just a way to email your own data to somebody.

The data below comes from:
http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/

1970 Charger Total Production = 46,315 including cars shipped in September 1970. See breakout below:

182 -6 cylinder XH Chargers built
9,163 -8 cylinder XH Chargers built
29 -6 Cylinder Charger 500 built
27,432 -8 cylinder Charger 500 built
9,509 - Charger R/T built

4,050 1970 Dodge Chargers Registered So Far!!!!
8.74% of total production

Mine survived because I did not wreck it.
Mine was just a another tool to hammer the crap out of pert near every summer weekend on the streets trolling for any takers, jockeying for a spot to catch the red light at the next intersection. Then all hell broke loose on the green. Sometimes it would be a rolling start race just listening to the other person's engine, (I use ''person'' because girls would race also, not just guys). When they stomped it down, the thrill was on. I always let them make the first move. My heart's pounding a little just typing this. Carlisle, Pa. 2020.
DSC03170.JPG

Last edited:

The 1969 Charger Registry isn't really a "Registry" at all.... it used to be a searchable database, etc., but not anymore

it was in fact taken over by another fella who IMO, now just takes your Charger's data and squirrels it away for his own personal use as he Buys/Sells/Flips Chargers in the marketplace.

I wonder if it makes sense to start a new one with publicly available data. Wouldn’t be too hard with a shared google spreadsheet.

I wonder if it makes sense to start a new one with publicly available data. Wouldn’t be too hard with a shared google spreadsheet.

Starting another '69 Registry was talked about forever, years in fact over at DC.com, but it was deemed a ton of work nobody wanted to tackle, and especially given there is already all of the data from the first Registry just sitting 'squirreled' away by the fellow who was supposed to take it over from the original guy ?
He was only 'given' all the data under the condition that he take it over, get it up and made public again ?
But now after I think 7-8 years and TONS of complaints over at DC.com all he did was put up what's there now..... which is no more than a link for people to 'contribute' their cars data for his personal gain with NO benefits for anyone else..... while he's busy buying/selling/flipping Charger's.

Start a new thread about the 69 Registry over and DC.com and see what happens..... I'm sure you will be directed to the old thread there by someone although 'searching' for anything by yourself over there is not user friendly at all.

Starting another '69 Registry was talked about forever, years in fact over at DC.com, but it was deemed a ton of work nobody wanted to tackle, and especially given there is already all of the data from the first Registry just sitting 'squirreled' away by the fellow who was supposed to take it over from the original guy ?
He was only 'given' all the data under the condition that he take it over, get it up and made public again ?
But now after I think 7-8 years and TONS of complaints over at DC.com all he did was put up what's there now..... which is no more than a link for people to 'contribute' their cars data for his personal gain with NO benefits for anyone else..... while he's busy buying/selling/flipping Charger's.

Start a new thread about the 69 Registry over and DC.com and see what happens..... I'm sure you will be directed to the old thread there by someone although 'searching' for anything by yourself over there is not user friendly at all.

From what I understand the old data has info that some members don't want made public. They want it kept private. I was told this by someone over at DC.

I wouldn't mind tackling a new registry where people who wanted to submit their info (and have it made public) could do so. I think the 68 registry is a great model of how it could be done using google forms, sites, and sheets. Being fairly new to both of these forums, I just wouldn't want to make anyone upset if most people area against the idea.

From what I understand the old data has info that some members don't want made public. They want it kept private. I was told this by someone over at DC.

I wouldn't mind tackling a new registry where people who wanted to submit their info (and have it made public) could do so. I think the 68 registry is a great model of how it could be done using google forms, sites, and sheets. Being fairly new to both of these forums, I just wouldn't want to make anyone upset if most people area against the idea.

I am really perplexed as to who would indicate that some people contributed data they don't want made public ?
What "data" could possibly compromise anyone if made public ? or anyone's particular vehicle ?
as the long as the vehicle specific serial # is NOT attached to that data ?

Any "examples" of data that someone might want kept private ? and why they might ? "anonymous" from a particular vehicle ?

You sure it wasn't the fella who absconded with all the '69 Registry data that told you that ?

You are not going to make anyone unhappy starting a new Registry.... save maybe the guy that absconded the first Registries data..... and in fact you would have dozens over at DC.Com cheering you on.... THAT I can guarantee !

Auto Transport Service
Back