• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sequence Number Help

My two cents...I vote for a mistake made on the line - but - with the original drivetrain gone, I don't think it's that big of a deal if it wasn't a mistake.

Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Have you looked for the broadcast sheet?

The broadcast sheet was sometimes left in the vehicle as it left the factory and might be found under the back seat, under the front seats, under the carpet or taped to the back of the glove box.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Production/500_sheet_decoder.html
I found mine between the back seat cushion and seat springs along with another broadcast sheet for a different car. Also, found a remnant of another broadcast sheet for my car between the front passenger bucket seat cushion and seat springs.

Other owners have purportedly found build sheets in the drivers seat back.

Last edited:

The broadcast sheet was sometimes left in the vehicle as it left the factory and might be found under the back seat, under the front seats, under the carpet or taped to the back of the glove box.

I found mine between the back seat cushion and seat springs along with another broadcast sheet for a different car. Also, found a remnant of another broadcast sheet for my car between the front passenger bucket seat cushion and seat springs.

i will definitely check it out. Fingers crossed

LosAngeles built? I understand LA seldom put broadcasts in their cars. Sure is worth looking for though! Found mine in the back seat springs.
All 1970 Chargers were built at the St. Louis, Missouri plant.

Hello all. I’m new to this forum.
Recently acquired a 1970 Charger RT V code 4 speed car. The sequence number on the VIN is 148054 which matches the title, fender tag, and vin tag. The sequence number on the trunk gutter and radiator support are both 138054. Is there any way to see if and what sequence number 138054 would have been?
near impossible to trace those numbers back. No computers back then paper trail only.

Last edited:
I was able to match up the inspection stamps with the inner fender well. Everything is a perfect match so I’m assuming a mistake was made on rad support and trunk sequence numbers.
i agree. those numbers are hand stamped and with separate die stamps. the guy laid out wrong dies. happens.

Auto Transport Service
Back