• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shingles shot

I asked my Doc about Shingles and he talked me out of it. So I guess I will take my chances

Well, I am feeling fine this morning! Yesterday sucked, today I can work on the car. Yay

I had Chickenpox as a child so The virus is in me today. As for the shots? I had the earlier version way back in 2007 and no reaction, single dosage only. When the new version, Shingrix came out I was encouraged to get the 2 by a Doc at the time so I got the first dose. I broke out into an allergic reaction to a bad rash...possibly associated with Shingles but no severe pain...so my Doc at the time stooped it for the second dosage. Glad he did and I will deal with Shingles should it come about. Now to this day when I go for a Doc's appointment for any kind of care, I constantly am being asked and told I need to get the 2nd shot. NOT!!! It's bad enough I still get my annual Flu shot and had the J&J Covid shot, but no more FOOKING needles in this old body...PERIOD!!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Shingrix came out I was encouraged to get the 2 by a Doc at the time so I got the first dose. I broke out into an allergic reaction to a bad rash...possibly associated with Shingles but no severe pain...so my Doc at the time stooped it for the second dosage. but no more FOOKING needles in this old body...PERIOD!!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

There is also our brother that has had the shot, don't know if he had 2 or not? AAR, he has a bad rash around his ankle & calf from the vax where the skin is basically dead tissue and dark brown, looks like a big birth mark. I haven't had the shot and don't know if I want it?

I have had both shots, no discomfort at all. My wifes X got shingles and he looked like death, it was so close to his eyes they were worried about loss of sight.

Although I don't think I had chickenpox I think I still had a mild case of shingles once. I was having a very stressful time and I developed a rash on my inner thigh, kind of towards the butt. Itched slight pain but not too bad. So the virus must be in me

Some of y'all might remember me getting shingles....had planned on getting the shot but got the mess first but imo, it was a mild case but it went from up and over my head starting on my forehead and also went over my left eye and over and down my nose. That kinda worried me but it didn't get bad and was gone in less than 3 weeks.

These days when I get a vaccine or for that matter any shot I budget a couple of days for any recovery. And yes the second shot made me feel like I had a fever but 2 days that was gone.

Auto Transport Service
Back