• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So It Begins, 1966 Charger Restification.

:(....sorry to here about this. Good luck Eric. Maybe you'll find a good driver after this.......

Damn, sorry to hear that, I woul pick it up if I didn't have 2 already:(

:(....sorry to here about this. Good luck Eric. Maybe you'll find a good driver after this.......

Damn, sorry to hear that, I woul pick it up if I didn't have 2 already:(

Nah I'm only kidding. It's April 1st, Happy April Fools Day guys! It was a joke. Don't feel bad and don't be mad at me, some guy pulled that today with his restoration project on FCBO and I fell for it too. I do have an update for you guys though, the engine bay is being primered tonight. Pictures to soon come

Nah I'm only kidding. It's April 1st, Happy April Fools Day guys! It was a joke. Don't feel bad and don't be mad at me, some guy pulled that today with his restoration project on FCBO and I fell for it too. I do have an update for you guys though, the engine bay is being primered tonight. Pictures to soon come
To The Moon Alice!.......:thumbsup:

Update-

The rest of the engine compartment was sanded and primered on March 31st, 2020.
sandblasted parts.jpeg

Parts for the radiator are sandblasted too.
old stickers 1.jpeg
old stickers 2.jpeg

old stickers 3.jpeg
sanding 1.jpeg
sanding 2.jpeg
sanding 3.jpeg
Inside the core support
sanding 4.jpeg
sanding 5.jpeg
sanding 1.jpeg

Last edited:
More.....
sanding 5 a.jpeg

Here is a factory paint run mark....more pictures of these in a little bit
sanding 6 a.jpeg
Notice the little letter and number above. Letter B, number 36
sanding 6.jpeg
Outside of the core support
sanding 7 a.jpeg

More factory paint run marks....more to come
passengers headlight 1.jpeg
passengers headlight 2.jpeg

The number here above was from the above photo (if that makes sense)
sanding 7.jpeg
outside of the core support
drivers headlight 1.jpeg
drivers headlight 2.jpeg
sanding 8.jpeg

More run marks by where the battery goes

More.....
sanding 9.jpeg
runs
sanding 10.jpeg

Inside core support
sanding 11.jpeg
More runs
sanding 12.jpeg

Above is the number on the cowl
sanding 13.jpeg
sanding 14.jpeg

Bye bye core support decals

Time for primer.....Taped off the top chrome fender side strip and covered the windshield of the car. See first picture
primer main.jpeg
primer 1.jpeg
primer 1a.jpeg
primer 2.jpeg
primer 4.jpeg
primer 5.jpeg
primer 6.jpeg

Update- Tonight Thursday April 2nd, 2020. Oil was drained out of the engine. Also took the oil pan off and took out the freeze plugs and inside of freeze plugs was cleaned out. Finishing cleaning the rest of the engine as well.
engine 1.jpeg
engine 2.jpeg
engine 3.jpeg
engine 4.jpeg
engine 1.jpeg
engine 2.jpeg
engine 3.jpeg
engine 3a.jpeg
engine 4.jpeg
engine 4a.jpeg

More pictures of the engine. The plan is to keep what is in the engine right now, the oil pan may be salvageable.Stay tuned for an update on that......
engine 5.jpeg
freeze plugs 1.jpeg

Cleaned out freeze plug holes
freeze plugs 2.jpeg
front left.jpeg

Above is taken from left front side of engine
back left.jpeg

Above is taken from left back side of engine
right back.jpeg

Above is taken from right back side of engine
right front.jpeg

Above is taken from right front side of engine

"Update"- Hedman headers came today April 3rd 2020, along with a windage tray and a few other parts from Jegs. Unfortunately we decided not to go with TTI's as originally planned, as it is not in the budget right now. More photos to come later on, stay tuned......
20200403_154547.jpg

Update- Here are a couple more pictures of the parts that came from Jegs. New engine freeze plugs and a windage tray
freeze plugs.jpeg

New freeze plugs
windage tray.jpeg

The new windage tray. It is set on the engine for now, not bolted to it yet.

Update- Today April 4th, 2020. Engine parts were painted today and the old oil pan was also fixed and sanded.

orange parts.jpeg

This is actually 318 small block engine red paint. This is not the actual paint that will be used on the rest of the 383, just the "base coat" to prevent it from rusting.
gray part.jpeg

This above is already blasted and painted
guards 1.jpeg

Original metal splash guards and hood rods are painted.
guards 2.jpeg
guards 3.jpeg
guards 4.jpeg
mounts 1.jpeg

Motor Mounts Before Paint......
mounts 2.jpeg
mounts 3.jpeg

Motor Mounts After Paint. I am pretty damn happy with how these look, as I personally painted them. My stepfather painted all the other stuff.....

mounts 4.jpeg
mounts 5.jpeg
mounts 6.jpeg

Oil pan with dents now taken out of it. See old pictures of how it used to look......
New oil pan.jpeg
pan 1.jpeg

After being sandblasted, here is what we have......
pan 2.jpeg
pan 3.jpeg
pan 4.jpeg

pan 5.jpeg
318 small block engine paint again applied, just to keep it from rusting. Orange paint will be applied when we get it.
pan 6.jpeg

Last edited:
Update- Today April 5th, 2020. All 6 of the new freeze plugs were put in the engine, and the horns were sandblasted and painted. I also took another picture of the new windage tray too, (see third picture below). Come to find out when we pulled the oil pan off the engine it did not have one.
engine 1.jpeg
engine 2.jpeg
Looking good
engine 3.jpeg

The new windage tray. More pictures to come of the horns later, stay tuned......

Auto Transport Service
Back