• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So my daughter has and old tailgate!

Xp29h

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
So, about a week ago I asked my daughter what she wanted for her birthday? She thought for a second or 2 and asks me if I remember that old d100 tailgate in the shed. She then says, any way you can make something using it? Not much to go on so I did a little research.. not my original thought, others have made similar, it’s not completed yet, needs some sanding and stain.. not sure how comfortable it’ll be.
:lol:

IMG_4259.jpeg

With a cushion on it and a couple pillows it'll be just fine !! I hope you made it with a bit of tilt on the seat - level seats are very uncomfortable. Very nice.

if thats rust free there are pickup guys that would buy iy in a heartbeat.

Very nice

Iola Old Car Show this very item was pretty popular walking down many of the thousands of vendors

All types of interchangeable tailgates , different wood , and of course pricing

Looks great

Iola Old Car Show this very item was pretty popular walking down many of the thousands of vendors

All types of interchangeable tailgates , different wood , and of course pricing

Looks great

Not knocking the OP's unit BUT ... things are cool until everybody has one. Then they're "ho-hum, another ..."

I've threatened to build a few of those every time I find a tailgate at a flea market. Very nice!!!

if thats rust free there are pickup guys that would buy iy in a heartbeat.
It’s got some surface rust but ver solid and in good shape. I’m going to clean it up some, just the dirt and give it that patina shine!

Nice work! That's cool,coming from a guy who made a desk out of the back of a 70 Charger R/T.

20220529_201904.jpg

Coming from someone that repurposes everything, I love the tailgate bench. I made a coffee table for my grandson out of an old tail gate I found at a local scrap yard. One of my tenants threw out an old bunk bed so I used the wood. Took a propane torch to it for the added effect.
1689005951376.png

Very cool idea :thumbsup:

looks great too

It’s got some surface rust but ver solid and in good shape. I’m going to clean it up some, just the dirt and give it that patina shine!

I would flip the tailgate around so the recessed area and Dodge logo can be seen all the time and get cushions for the seat and seat back. The flat inside of the tailgate will be more comfortable to use for a backrest.

I would flip the tailgate around so the recessed area and Dodge logo can be seen all the time and get cushions for the seat and seat back. The flat inside of the tailgate will be more comfortable to use for a backrest.
I wanted to do that but she wants it toward the actual bench. She plans on just cushions. Fortunately, I made it so it will be easy to do the swap if she happens to change her mind!

I used to have a truck that matched that gate - a '72 D200 2wd 8' bed crew cab. LOVED that truck...honestly can't remember why I sold it. It was right around the time I got married, so...guess that's another thing I'll blame on her lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back