• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold my Coronet

44070dart

Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
Sold my 68' Coronet this weekend on ebay .. it was bought by a dealer in Germany.. I got a call from his contact in Florida .. he will be coming up next week with cash to pick up the car.. When I spoke with the guy in Florida, he told me that they bought 10 muscle cars at the Kissimmee auction to ship overseas. Now I'm not felling so good that my car sold to them and that all those others are going overseas.

why ? we love them just as much as you do ,and their even "specialer "overseas as they are "rare" :thumbsup:

car lovers are car lovers, makes no difference where we are

I'm curious and you don't have to tell me... Did you get better than market for the car given it was sold to an overseas buyer?

I'm curious and you don't have to tell me... Did you get better than market for the car given it was sold to an overseas buyer?

yeah did ok .... and no offense to you guys "over there" but I'm sure its a one way trip and those cars aren't coming back here....ever

Yeah I missed out on a numbers matching 68 Charger R/T; the seller wouldn't wait for me to come see it and sold it to a guy in Norway. We'll never see that one again. I think I get why you're kinda regretting it.

I think it's pretty rare that anyone sees their old cars again. The only cars I've ever seen again were race cars and one of those only made one showing. I've never seen any of my old street cars after selling them and all were mostly sold to local buyers.

yeah did ok .... and no offense to you guys "over there" but I'm sure its a one way trip and those cars aren't coming back here....ever

Lots of them came back, after the late 80's boom was over. Their investments bottomed, and many returned home. At least the collectible ones did.

i sold my 71 there 2 years ago...think it was called usdreamcars, a guy named Mike. he found it when i had it for sale here on FBBO.

Don`t worry guys, we do care about the old US steel very much, sometimes much better than it was back home. E.g. my ride I bought in the sunshine state lives in a dry garage ever since he has entered the old world and is pampered very much:)
It is the economy and the market, people want to make a deal and don`t care where the cars are going. On the other hand think about the Triumphs, Mercedes and Porsches came to the US in the 60ties and 70ties, they left home and many have never come back...

Congrats on the Sale of your Coronet at-least...

fair or over average price is great too

I recently sold one of my cars to a guy in Europe.
It went to a charger/mopar guy just like us.
To think that an american car going out of america makes it -gone- is just plain silly.
We are a group that likes cars and where we chose to live has nothing to do with that.

Honestly if I sold my Coronet I don't think I'd want to see it again....I'd probably feel stupid for selling it haha. I actually dread somebody making me a good offer because with my current finances I'd probably end up saying yes....

Those times when I think of selling my 68 - occasionally - I think of selling it overseas - Europe or Asia - mostly because I wonder if you can get that much more cash for a finished car. I mostly want someone in my family to inherit the GTX - but that doesn't look likely.

The other option would be getting as much coin out of it as possible. I often wonder if foreign markets pay more for a car that doesn't need anything much.

My only concern with the overseas thing is that like anything else they want the most sought after cars. Lots of 68-69 Chargers going over there because they are obviously one of the most prolific cars ever made. That said if I ever put mine up for sale as soon as the cash is in hand then it is someone else's car to do as they wish... you can't have it both ways

Whether foreign or domestic the cars will be taken care of the same. I deal a lot of vintage part and quite a few go overseas.
I had an extremely rare European Grand Prix motorcycle that was never sold in the U.S. I sold it to someone on the west coast a few years ago.
I also never see the cars that I've sold locally in the past.

i know personally that a car recently went to europe and the owner got close to asking price, and would not have got that in the US...it was for sale for a long time here...and once it was on the european market it sold within 2wks.

I'm with Cranky, Of all the cars I have had over the years only one did I ever see again.None were sold overseas.The last was bought about 2 years ago at a local car show.The new owner is about 70 miles away.Been looking for it and him just to say hi at several shows over the years but no dice....It's like they all just vanished.

show us a pic of your Coronet, please

Did you run a for sale ad here, too?

Carsten

I'm glad you asked ..bought the car from a low life scumbag member here ..can't mention his name or give him a bad trader hit because I didn't buy it from the site ..I get that.. BUT if I see this low life selling as much as a hub cap here I will PM whoever has an idea of buying anything from this asshole and let them know who their dealing with....I wouldn't subject a member to this car ....sold to a dealership after I did some repairs

IMG_5145.JPG IMG_5151.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back