• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold my wagon. New screen name.

SattyNoCar

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Old news if you follow moparts.com too. I sold my wagon a month ago. The harder I tried to make things happen with it, the more 'life' got in the way. And now with facing becoming my Mother's caregiver (not a complaint), after 20+ yrs of ownership and not having turned a wrench on it since 2009, I finally said 'uncle' and let it go before it totally rotted away.

My old screen name was Satilite73, now as with moparts, its 'SattyNoCar'.

For the first time in almost 40 years, I don't have a big block in my life. Feels weird. Sellers remorse? Some days are worse than others, but I know it was for the better. I think it went to a good home, and hopefully, the new owner can accomplish all the things I wasn't able to.

I'm down to 'just' my '93 Dakota, and that may go too. We'll see.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just stating why the name change more than anything.

nbtLkFE.jpg

4sHUYdN.jpg

Life is about changing and adapting when necessary. You do what you must to keep moving.
Moparts sucks ***. Their limp wristed moderators and site owner want to drive even more members away with their stupid ways, so be it. Their ship has been sinking for years.
Welcome to the site that is growing. It is doing so because they place a value on the opinions of their members and don't ban those that they disagree with.
There are still old Mopars to be found. Once you're ready to jump back in, you'll find something. Good luck.

Family FIRST.
Don't regret selling a car when you have an actual person in your life instead.

I can tell you, if time gets away, so be it when it comes to "stuff". Some day if you decide you want something like that again and the time is right, something will pop up. Sometimes selling a project opens a door to buy something more finished that doesn't need as much attention to enjoy it later.

Having gone thru this exact scenario,
I was able to complete a build I've
been working on for 30 years.
Chalk it up to minor differences in
circumstance. I know full well what
it takes to balance family, career,
and home requirements to see a
project thru. You're to be commended
for hanging on as long as you did.
When things settle out, hopefully
you'll rediscover the passion
It's in your blood and can't be ignored.

Auto Transport Service
Back