• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some call it overkill, I call it….well….overkill

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
So I am building a 500” bracket engine using a stock 440 block. Just picked up everything from the machine shop today. Added billet caps and machined it for cross bolts to make it a four bolt main like a Hemi. I then added a girdle to the bottom end and plan on filling the block to boot. Overkill, hell yeah it is

Last edited:
So I am building a 500” bracket engine using a stock 440 block. Just picked up everything from the machine shop today. Added billet caps and machined it for cross bolts to make it a four bolt main like a Hemi. I then added a girdle to the bottom end and plan on at least partly filling the block. Overkill, hell yeah it is
I bracket raced with a /6 car and made it consistent as....well, fill in the blank. Took home the trophy one night after 7 rounds. Spectators loved it but the racers hated it lol but it kinda sucks going that slow especially after having a 10 second car years earlier. Thing is, the 10 second car won lots of rounds but never took top honors even though it was consistent too.

I bracket raced with a /6 car and made it consistent as....well, fill in the blank. Took home the trophy one night after 7 rounds. Spectators loved it but the racers hated it lol but it kinda sucks going that slow especially after having a 10 second car years earlier. Thing is, the 10 second car won lots of rounds but never took top honors even though it was consistent too.
This is the 63 Plymouth it’s going in. Not a recent pic but it’s the only one I have on my phone.

IMG_7348.jpeg

Hopefully you have not bored the block yet if you plan on a short fill. Hard block can distort things as it cures.
The bottom end should be ready for lots of power with all that done! It is going to be a awesome ride.

Hopefully you have not bored the block yet if you plan on a short fill. Hard block can distort things as it cures.
The bottom end should be ready for lots of power with all that done! It is going to be an awesome ride.
Don’t know why I said a partial fill. Brain fart on my part I guess. It will be filled fully as the engine will be running on alcohol. I edited the post.

Hey! I know that car! That was Jimmy Fullers car! I raced against him when it had an all aluminum big inch wedge.
I don’t think this is the same car. This is a new build that was started by someone that passed away a few years ago. The fenders and doors are off the car you are referring to though. It’s still racing in NSS. The chassis was built for this one and that’s about as far as it got before he passed. I am finishing it up. This car is a tube chassis four link car. Should be a nice piece when finished.

Nice build. Should have been filled before it was final machined.

I don’t think this is the same car. This is a new build that was started by someone that passed away a few years ago. The fenders and doors are off the car you are referring to though. It’s still racing in NSS. The chassis was built for this one and that’s about as far as it got before he passed. I am finishing it up. This car is a tube chassis four link car. Should be a nice piece when finished.
Well thanks. So the doors and fenders I recognized. ruffcut

So I am building a 500” bracket engine using a stock 440 block. Just picked up everything from the machine shop today. Added billet caps and machined it for cross bolts to make it a four bolt main like a Hemi. I then added a girdle to the bottom end and plan on filling the block to boot.

So I am building a 500” bracket engine using a stock 440 block. Just picked up everything from the machine shop today. Added billet caps and machined it for cross bolts to make it a four bolt main like a Hemi. I then added a girdle to the bottom end and plan on filling the block to boot. Overkill, hell yeah it is
i agree

Auto Transport Service
Back