• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some changes for LemonWedge

nice progress
can't wait to see it run

looks great, by the way

Don't forget to add the bar back to the rear spring shackle area.
Fantastic work! Wish I had your patience and skill. Keep it up.

Don't forget to add the bar back to the rear spring shackle area.
Fantastic work! Wish I had your patience and skill. Keep it up.
We've run hundred of passes in my sons 62 Plymouth with no more than the bars Lemon Wedge has now. Car 60 fts 1.38-1.40 of a trans brake with radials. Never hurt a thing.
Doug

I probably won’t add the rearward bars for now. I’ve got my hands full still with the current project items. I’ll be completely done with the wheel tubs today, but still have plenty of work to keep me busy through the winter just to get the car race-ready. Perhaps next winter (??). Like Doug said, While I’m sure it would stiffen it up some, I don’t think It’s hurting anything now.

Been working on the cross ram over here. Many many hours spent on the insides and port matching but it’s all good now and installed.
B7533926-5C6C-484A-B78A-084881985620.jpeg

Hemi Holley 770 carbs with 1” spacers. Home fab’d linkages and burst valves.
3AB3CD5F-BC87-4C88-ACB1-38BFA8E79EE0.jpeg

Able to run 2 X 10” air filters or a set of air bells. Pretty soon now this project can be lit.
E056955D-5F1A-4EC0-97E9-215E629FB9C0.jpeg

—-
LW, sorry I hacked into your thread... I thought I had posted in the “ What’s everyone working on in the off season” thread. Lol. Sorry Bud. Hey well you sure maximized your space in those tubs. Well done. I’m curious as to how much room you have now between the frame rail and outer tub/lip. 16” ?

No worries at all, Malex. I’m loving seeing that HemiDart come together.

It’s just shy of 16” to the lip, which is fully intact. This project revolves around the PBR 29.5x10.5, so I’m only using a little less than 13” of it.

Last edited:
Been working on the cross ram over here. Many many hours spent on the insides and port matching but it’s all good now and installed.
View attachment 1059327

Hemi Holley 770 carbs with 1” spacers. Home fab’d linkages and burst valves.
View attachment 1059328

Able to run 2 X 10” air filters or a set of air bells. Pretty soon now this project can be lit.
View attachment 1059329
I am cutting into LW's thread but....
I want your Dart Mike....LOL, Mike

Another weekend, more progress. We hit a milestone in the project today; the suspension relocation is now done! The most nerve racking thing I’ve been stressing over has been whether or not I’d get the axle square. It’s certainly the most important item I’ve had to ponder, and I’ve been nervous about it. I must have measured, tweaked, re-measured, and re tweaked the spring buckets a dozen times. Finally I had things exactly where I wanted them, then embarked on welding everything into place. I was worried that something would move during that process, and in the back of my mind I was thinking that the real test would be to measure the axle locating pins in the springs once they were in. I got the springs in place and immediately measured triangulation from the locating pins to the rear opposite edges of the torsion bar sockets..... DEAD NUTS! Super happy with that! I finished the day by cutting my tin sheet to create the firewall for behind the rear seat.
Next it’s cutting the rear seat frame to clear the new tubs and get the interior all back together, then it’s on to getting the new 4.56 gears set up. I’m starting to feel better about getting this project done on time (knock on wood).
PS: No judging my welds . My skills which are beginner at best are starting to come together, but laying under a car on jack-stands and getting the torch into tight areas with very little light or ability to see the puddle is offering me huge challenges. The rotisserie deal makes so much sense to me after this project!

9224589B-E0D2-4C04-AA34-31E30F2BD488.jpeg 782B8E75-693D-42B4-9B13-265E2861BF49.jpeg 7F49AA38-D4B6-4968-932B-0A9058982217.jpeg C7F2737F-AFE2-46B8-A813-E7B7922F58E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you happen to take a before ride height measurement? So you could compare after?

A huge milestone today LW. It all looks very good and you’re going to be done with time to spare.
Very nice!

Did you happen to take a before ride height measurement? So you could compare after?

I didn’t take a specific “Before” picture, but I’ve got plenty, and I know this car inside & out; I’ll know where it moved if any. Keep in mind that I not only inboarded the springs, but I moved them rearward 7/8” as well. So the look of the rear wheel wells area will change significantly when I’m done here. I’d like to keep the ht. location of the axle where it is, which will raise the car a full inch due to the added tire height.

So you'll be getting a new driveshaft? Did you consider sliders for the rear of the springs?

No need to apologize for anything. This is where we all start. There is always a first time. With careful planning and effort, the results will be good. Just as shown here. There is not a build I've ever done that I thought couldn't be better the next time. Its in our nature. What we have here is a good racecar which will now even be better. I'm sure the competition isn't happy.
Doug

So you'll be getting a new driveshaft? Did you consider sliders for the rear of the springs?

Yes, I considered sliders. I really would have preferred them, but I try real hard to stick to a budget with these things, and that was $200 that just didn’t make the cut. Someday (??)
I’ll be taking the driveshaft to a local shop to get it lengthened today or tomorrow. I’d like to mock it up, but I know exactly how much I moved the axle, so I’ll just go with that dimension.

Auto Transport Service
Back