• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spot welds don't stand a chance.

northerndave

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
For many years I've struggled along with a cordless drill and the best drill bit I can find. Blair bits have led the pack for quite a while, but pair the Blair bit with the Blair "enforcer" drill... Wow, I truly love this tool.

Its like having a drill press that you can bring to the car. The forward trigger is to turn the bit, the rear lever draws the bit into the work. The depth of the hole can be fine tuned by dialing the area that would normally be a bit chuck.

Edge pinch welds are effortless. And you can fit an edge panel without pre drilling for plug welds. You can hang the panel and drill the plug weld holes in the perfect spots with depth control.

Simply put, this tool isn't cheap, but it us freaking awesome.

IMG_20140930_140013195_zps14431165.jpg

IMG_20140930_140026372_HDR_zpsce39381c.jpg

Darn!
Some fine tools you have been adding to your inventory Dave!
Very impressive and truly very nice.

Im jealous....

Thanks for the review Dave. Pretty sweet tool. Do you still need to dimple the spotwelds with a punch before drilling?

I'll be looking into one of those. Drilling out over 250,000 welds over the last 10 years has taking its toll on my arms.

I'll be looking into one of those. Drilling out over 250,000 welds over the last 10 years has taking its toll on my arms.

Now that I have one, I would buy one at the start of every project if I had to and it would still be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the review Dave. Pretty sweet tool. Do you still need to dimple the spotwelds with a punch before drilling?

I haven't been using a punch.

Thanks Dave, im afraid to check the price but it sounds like a great tool to have with these cars! With Mark and all he does, i can imagine he will check the price. :)

don't go buy a cheaper knockoff
i have the eastwood version of that tool and
its not that great,i rarely use it.
maybe that blair one is a better tool.
i still use my electric drill with a blair bit most of the time.

I bought the knock off version of the go-jack wheel dollies..... They work but, I wish I bought the go jack brand. Close isn't always good enough.

Auto Transport Service
Back