• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spread to square bore

cwhubb

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
who makes an adapter to put a TQ on a square bore intake? I have a TQ that I want to use on my DP4b. Thanks

Trans adapt if I recall

Trans adapt if I recall
I looked again, yes they have them, just to verify is this the tq to square manifold side?
images_ePIM_original_2066_w960_h600_bgffffff_q80.jpg

Unflippable?
on second look yes they are, thanks

Adaptors are notorious for changing/losing air flow.

With some intakes, it is possible to open up the carb mounting flange to fit a spread bore carb direct without an adapter.

Adaptors are notorious for changing/losing air flow.

With some intakes, it is possible to open up the carb mounting flange to fit a spread bore carb direct without an adapter.
didnt know that, how do they cause flow loss?

I love the TQ's and run one on the 440 in my 68 T/C wagon, I went with an OEM cast iron spread bore intake since doing some research I found that the stock intakes in the smog era motors were actually great intakes with very good flow.

I love the TQ's and run one on the 440 in my 68 T/C wagon, I went with an OEM cast iron spread bore intake since doing some research I found that the stock intakes in the smog era motors were actually great intakes with very good flow.
they are really good for stock units, I have a DP4B that i want to use

They cause flow disturbance/loss to the flow because of the severe angles.

Auto Transport Service
Back