• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stealth Heads?

robinsonwr

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used these heads? What kind of value are they compared to rebuilding a set of cast iron big block heads? They look like they could be a descent head for a street/strip build. I am thinking about a comp hydraulic roller that specs 280/288 adv. duration and 541/537 lift, part number 23-711-9. What do you all think?

Alot of guys are using them. You cant go wrong for the price. Better to invest in them then the 40 year old iron heads. Ron

Alot of guys are using them. You cant go wrong for the price. Better to invest in them then the 40 year old iron heads. Ron
have used them on 3 builds so far. a good deal for what you get. not good for long term use though. when i say long term, i mean 20,000 miles on the street. occasional use seems to be their best range. guides tend to wear out and stock springs are marginal. had a few cracking at the plug issues that i have heard of but not experienced myself. a good value for the money for sure.

It sounds like they maybe good for what I want to do. I have decided on a 470 ci stroker with a hydraulic roller and dual plane manifold. Just a conservative package with tons of streetable torque. I may even add an EZ EFI system from FAST to top it off. I am not going to try to set the world on fire. My 66 Satellite will be driven on weekends and to car shows.

It sounds like they maybe good for what I want to do. I have decided on a 470 ci stroker with a hydraulic roller and dual plane manifold. Just a conservative package with tons of streetable torque. I may even add an EZ EFI system from FAST to top it off. I am not going to try to set the world on fire. My 66 Satellite will be driven on weekends and to car shows.
that will get the job done rather well. just check spring pressures for application. you may want to up the springs,locks and retainers.

I have them on my GTX. Springs, guides locks and keepers all replaced. Ported and making good power. If I had it to do again I'd get the Indy head, spend the money now before you have money wrapped up in these. You can get a much better Indy head for maybe $300 more. Right now they have a special that comes with cut to length push rods, head gaskets and the valley cover (cast), makes it a no brainer. At least call and talk to them...

Your thinking I should go with some Indy heads. I looked at them and really liked the SR's and EZ's. The Ez's are the best bang for the buck since they use or marry stock components easily. Probably they will make more power too, huh.............

They may not make more power out of the box but they will give you more room to grow and have better hardware. Spend now and you will save later. I would never buy the stealth heads again.

Give indy a call, I know they are doing a show special for the show they have this coming weekend. I was supposed to go but I can't now, I have a buddy going who is getting a set for his low deck build.

i don't know if AFR, air flow research, make heads for mopar but i have seen them make a lot of power on other brands.

robinsonwr the older Stealth heads had a bunch of problems cracking in the combustion chamber & torching head gasgets, 440source has some decent prices the newer version supposed to be all problems cured. But I had a couple of old style sets would not use them again even if they are fixed it's not worth it in the long run by the time you go thru them & replace the junk parts they use springs, retainers & locks you could had got Edelbrock or Indy & they are made here in the USA not China like the Stealths. Just my $0.02 cents

The build has turned into a 440/512 stroker. I purchased the Stealth heads two weeks ago and they came in last week. Looking at purchasing the Comp XR286HR now instead of smaller XR280HR. Hope to have it together shortly so I will post the numbers from the dyno pull. the heads really look nice but will definately message the ports before assembly.

I have the stealth heads, the NEWER ones lol and so far so good, I haven't really put a lot of miles on them yet but here's to wishful thinking! I think with my set up they make lots of power and I like the straight plug angle vs the 45 on the eddys

straight plug

I have the stealth heads, the NEWER ones lol and so far so good, I haven't really put a lot of miles on them yet but here's to wishful thinking! I think with my set up they make lots of power and I like the straight plug angle vs the 45 on the eddys

Can have better plug wire clearance with the straight plugs depends on header styles,the newer castings are supposedly much better than the original runs of the Stealth heads... they were problematic..

i've been running mine for around 2 1/2 years.daily driver,regular strip and highway.
still got stock springs,retainers etc.this is with a 509 cam.
am in the process of going solid,it will get springs retainers etc.
no dramas whatsoever

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back