• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still need some part recommendations

never heard of it.

I prefer dimple scotch but if im drinking a beer either corona or xxxx summer

the guy here i am talking to says he will port the heads out to 330cfm for me then we will select a suitable intake and work on it to suit, then he will design and make a custom cam for it, once all done he will build me a custom carb with his own designed cnc bowl etc. he states and alot of customers state that there is no better carb that he has ever come across, and alot of people say he is the best.

Your local guy sounds like he knows what he is doing, but he might want to look at the Indy Dual plane intake as an option.

I'd guess your cam recommendation will be in the 245-255 @ 0.050" duration, 0.600" lift?

my cam is currently 252 @.50, 600 lift

Is that a Flat Tappet or Roller? I had an Ultradyne Solid street Roller that was [email protected]", but I think "advertised" duration was less than 290.
This was in my 451 stroker and it was a nice street/strip cam, making close to 600Hp with heads that only flow about 290 cfm.
If you port the heads to 330 cfm that is pretty good. I din't know about the intake/carb setup, but the Indy dual plane has pretty large ports and you would want around 1,000 cfm carb.
Changing to the Max Wedge heads could result in you having to change a bunch of stuff like Intake, offset rocker arms, and pushrods. The larger ports will want to move the power band higher, but you could also be making around 700 HP.

Is that a Flat Tappet or Roller? I had an Ultradyne Solid street Roller that was [email protected]", but I think "advertised" duration was less than 290.
This was in my 451 stroker and it was a nice street/strip cam, making close to 600Hp with heads that only flow about 290 cfm.
If you port the heads to 330 cfm that is pretty good. I din't know about the intake/carb setup, but the Indy dual plane has pretty large ports and you would want around 1,000 cfm carb.
Changing to the Max Wedge heads could result in you having to change a bunch of stuff like Intake, offset rocker arms, and pushrods. The larger ports will want to move the power band higher, but you could also be making around 700 HP.

STREET CAR with the emphasis on CRUISABILITY????????????? I'm confused...

Now i am really confused

Brinks performance the guy i ordered my stalth heads through, has just told me that he put his CNC port through my heads and that he sees no problem with my combo and it must be a tuning issue.

what the F**K

brinks performance has one of the best reputations for high performance engines in australia and is actually a mopar guy, he has a 9sec charger street car. and he is also my cousin.
so yeh im unsure what now

Benno: How close is he to you? Being he's family you should be able to 'guilt' him into getting your combination running right. Seriously, if he's that good, PAY him to help you. Cheaper than changing everything...

yeh not going to happen, he is 26 hour drive away, plus yes he is family but due to circumstances between his part of the family and mine, we only talk and thats about it, i doubt he would help me out in anyway other than he would do for any customer

Now i am really confused

Brinks performance the guy i ordered my stalth heads through, has just told me that he put his CNC port through my heads and that he sees no problem with my combo and it must be a tuning issue.

what the F**K

brinks performance has one of the best reputations for high performance engines in australia and is actually a mopar guy, he has a 9sec charger street car. and he is also my cousin.
so yeh im unsure what now

If your heads are already ported, then It does sound like something is not right in the tuning.

A flow bench and a dnyno with some objective view... guessing at it makes it worse.... whether it's an old cranky lawn mower or a $50,000 race engine... it should have a window in which it will run best... port match the dual plane.... you can always add a spacer and run the Holley style carb... more adjustable and more reliable....

well, some good news, I just sold the intake manifold and 2 eddies.
my cousin reckons that the cam should be fine for this motor, ( a tad small) but he wants me to check that I degreed it correctly as I could be a bit out.

But I just ordered a quickfuel 850 and now deciding which intake to get.

edelbrock rpm air gap
holley street dominator
torker 2

any else to consider?

I have heard long stroke stroker motors actually benefit from single plane manifolds, but I want to get it right this time

- - - Updated - - -

oh btw my actual figure on the stealth heads flow is 315 at .600, not massive but its not stock either

Do you want your intake to flow the same as your heads? if so the edelbrock victor flows at 314 cfm stock and my heads flow at 315 cfm. this might be a goer?

Weiand makes an intake... maybe an offenhauser... the porting and matching is everything beyond dual plane for street and single for strip.... a flow bench is where someone removes some material then tests the flow... then a little more till all the runners are equal and meet the requirements... there is a fine line where too much causes vacuum to drop and a blower is needed

well, some good news, I just sold the intake manifold and 2 eddies.
my cousin reckons that the cam should be fine for this motor, ( a tad small) but he wants me to check that I degreed it correctly as I could be a bit out.

But I just ordered a quickfuel 850 and now deciding which intake to get.

edelbrock rpm air gap
holley street dominator
torker 2

any else to consider?
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/images/smilies/headbang.gif
I have heard long stroke stroker motors actually benefit from single plane manifolds, but I want to get it right this time

- - - Updated - - -

oh btw my actual figure on the stealth heads flow is 315 at .600, not massive but its not stock either

Do you want your intake to flow the same as your heads? if so the edelbrock victor flows at 314 cfm stock and my heads flow at 315 cfm. this might be a goer?
Now we're talking :headbang:, I really think things are going to get better for you now with things being allot easier to tune. As far as intakes go these guys know more than I do but I'll say after reading the dyno results from an intake shoot out I was very impressed with the old Torker (very impressive and a dime a dozen).

Been talking to that nice guy JIM (IQ52) he has recommended a victor intake and a mechanical quickfuel 950 with a solid cam.

so i will give this a go and see how it goes

Sounds like a good plan. I'd guess you're going to be pleasantly surprised with the change in performance. I'd really recommend getting a Dyno tune if available in your area. Best 500-600 bucks a guy could spend. Just as an example, just 1 degree in timing made a difference of 15.8 peak horsepower on my 512. It also had significantly lower exhaust gas temps just with that 1 degree. Drilling out/widening the high speed air bleeds and changing a power valve made another 14 peak horsepower. Your talking almost 30 horsepower off a couple very minor changes, and stuff that would be really, really tough to catch without looking at HP/TQ curves, exhaust gas temps and air/fuel ratio's from a dyno pull. Either way, hope it works out for you. I have a Carb tuning guide that Don at 4 seconds flat sent me a while back. If you send me your email, I can send it to you (it's pretty large ).

Thanks prop, yeh I got that same tuning guide thanks for the offer, and yeh I will get the dyno tune done.

Been talking to that nice guy JIM (IQ52) he has recommended a victor intake and a mechanical quickfuel 950 with a solid cam.

so i will give this a go and see how it goes

smart Idea, he knows his stuff, he's a really good guy too

Port match the Vic. Plenum work would be good too...as cast it has material in places it shouldn't.

ordering the victor intake ported from Jim tonite (IQ52)
will order the AED or quickfuel also tonite once make up my mind.

should have a decent car now

- - - Updated - - -

now will have to build a custom air cleaner setup to suck only cool air from the reverse cowl.

any cool ideas? was thiking fabricating a box setup with a flat panel k&n filter with foam around sides to snug up against the reverse cowl.
MAYBE

Auto Transport Service
Back